Page 1 of 2
...for more than an hour.

(I thought) we were both walking around the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on Saturday, and I didn't recognize (who I thought was) him, ironically, 'till we got into the Bruce Springsteen display in a room at the top of a spiraled staircase. I put two and two together after he stood next to a poster of himself, and took his shades off (why he was wearing shades indoors... ) so he appeared as he did in the poster.

Anything like this ever happen to anyone else?

Pat_s1EDIT: I remember someone on here saying once that they said they wished All That Remains would stop making music unknowingly to the guitarist of All That Remains. I should've asked him if he remembered that...

Pat_s1SUPEREDIT: Hmm...it would appear as though my Bruce has been confirmed an imposter.

Ah well.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by Pat_s1t

Anything like this ever happen to anyone else?

Anyone else notice how this is always a blatant attempt to make a blog post into a thread?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I drank apple juice with Barry Stock from Three Days Grace a couple years back. I'd never seen his photo so I thought he was a roadie or something. Cool guy. Not big on their music anymore, but he was good to be around.

I "omg'd" when they got onstage.
Quote by JacobTheMe
I once thought I saw Adam Sandler/Bob Dylan, but it was just a hobo.

for some reason I always think Adam Sandler kinda looks like Bruce Springsteen
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by SteveHouse
Anyone else notice how this is always a blatant attempt to make a blog post into a thread?
Well the thread needed some point. And I mean, things like these happen quite often to people, where they meet at least semi-famous people randomly (and in my case unknowingly).

Just thought it'd be a good opportunity for others to share experiences of this sort.
thats such a better story than actually meeting bruce springsteen and recognizing him.
I have no opinion on this matter.
I call BS. Bruce was on tour in Europe, and played the final show yesterday in Spain. There's no way he was in Cleveland on Saturday.
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by jmonko
I met all of Cute is what we aim for without knowing it. At the same time I met circa survive. They came to Arcata Ca to get some pot.

You live in Arcata!?

I live in Eureka!
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I call BS. Bruce was on tour in Europe, and played the final show yesterday in Spain. I highly doubt that he immediately flew back to the states and walked around the rock 'n roll hall of fame with TS.
You sure? Like absolutely?
Quote by Colgate Total
I once punched Shane Told at an after party because he was drinking my Wiser's.

Did he actually put up a fight?
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I call BS. Bruce was on tour in Europe, and played the final show yesterday in Spain. There's no way he was in Cleveland on Saturday.

no i saw him there too. i work there and i was like wiah.1
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by Pat_s1t

Congratulations, you met a guy who looks like Bruce Springsteen

I take it all back, thank you for making this thread

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

I went to a carcass show baked, and as i was walking up to the venue, me and Jeff Walker made eye contact, we were standing about three feet away from eachother. i smiled at him, and then walked inside. Then about 30 seconds later I turned to my friend, "Holy ****, that was Jeff Walker!"
If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
Quote by SteveHouse

Yes.
Like a week ago, I seen Jared from the Subway commercials walk right past me and GO into a subway. Funny thing is, I was in a small town when it happened. I had no clue why he was there. I went in the Subway and he was autographing pictures of himself and giving them away. Of course I got one... I just find it funny that the only reason he is famous is because he used to be FAT.

Yeah, I haven't met ANYONE else that has even appeared on T.V.... yet alone in the music industry. Pretty sad the only person I have met is Jared....
University of Kentucky Wildcats Football - (5-4)
Cincinnati Bengals - (6-2)
Cincinnati Reds - (78-84)

Ugly Poop Colored Text

My last.fm
add me as a friend, fool.
Quote by alaskan_ninja

he never said it was recent.

also, i met kevin bacon (aka silent bob) at ozfest in boston a couple years back. he walked past me like, 4 times before i stopped him and asked if he was really silent bob. got a picture with him too
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Last edited by TK1 at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by alaskan_ninja

Good call, TS lies!
From http://www.brucespringsteen.net/news/index.html
Quote by CrunkMcStuddles
Pretty sad the only person I have met is Jared....

If you're a hot chick you've probably got a good chance with the lead singer or guitar player, If you're a little bit overweight, you should probably go for the drummer. If you're a dude, go for the bass player
Quote by Pat_s1t
Yes. Haven't you seen the Tonight Show? Max is still gone. Also, the internets list him having played a show in Spain on that very day.

I think you got owned

Edit:
Quote by TK1

also, i met kevin bacon (aka silent bob) at ozfest in boston a couple years back. he walked past me like, 4 times before i stopped him and asked if he was really silent bob. got a picture with him too
Quote by Pat_s1t
We were both walking around the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland on Saturday
Epic fail. Twice.
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by CrunkMcStuddles
Like a week ago, I seen

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by jmonko
I met all of Cute is what we aim for without knowing it. At the same time I met circa survive. They came to Arcata Ca to get some pot.

met all of circa survive too! pics in blog
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Well that ****ing sucks.

Ah well. I still met all of Cannibal Corpse and All That Remains that weekend as well. Good enough.

I wonder who the **** that guy was then. He looked a hell of a lot like Bruce, so much that people got him to pose for pics in front of the poster.

Maybe he was just pulling something like that guy who looks like Nicholas Cage did last year at the soccer game in Italy.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by jmonko
I live in McKinleyville now.

Do you ever come into Eureka for a show or anything? I'd love to meet a pit monkey in real life. Im sure it would call for a socially akward penguin though.
Quote by SteveHouse

Yeah my grammar sucks. Get over it.
University of Kentucky Wildcats Football - (5-4)
Cincinnati Bengals - (6-2)
Cincinnati Reds - (78-84)

Ugly Poop Colored Text

My last.fm
add me as a friend, fool.
Quote by We'realltoBlame
Did he actually put up a fight?

He pushed me, and two other guys jumped in and stopped anything from happening. I apologized afterward; I just thought he some scene kid stealing my booze.

Quote by TK1

He said it happened on Saturday.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I chilled with lamb of god's rhythm guitarist's a few weeks ago. Played halo and Nazi zombies with him.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by TK1

You mean Kevin Smith

this is Kevin Bacon

Revedit: V HA!
Last edited by TheReverend724 at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by TK1

umm...

I thought I saw David Hasslehoff once, but it was just an old sweaty guy with chest hair.
Quote by funkbass369
I chilled with lamb of god's rhythm guitarist's a few weeks ago. Played halo and Nazi zombies with him.

Nazi Zombies is siiick.

Seriously though? How do u know him...
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I practically got a jaw full of Charlie Simpson's sweaty and hairy leg at a Fightstar show when he stage dived. Although I did know it was him, so I wasn't phased by the situation.

At the same show the lead-guitarist from Laruso was at the bar and I knocked over his drink, he didn't seem fussed though. He seemed a pretty chill guy. Although, again. I knew it was him.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
I saw That 1 Guy (yes, that's really his name) before a Buckethead show last year and i didn't know him so i just walked past him, although other people were like "Hey! You're that one guy!" Eh....
Quote by SOADrox429
'Bring me the still-beating heart of a newborn child, and the world's rivers shall run red with the blood of the innocent.'

<\/> Fleshgod Apocalypse <\/>
Quote by jmonko
Whens the next show?

Im not sure. I sent you a friend request and will let you know. A recognizable pit monkey in the town next to me. Thats pretty sweet.
At a show earlier this year, I also walked by the singer of God Forbid. Didn't really care though as he seemed like an ass clown who didn't appreciate the one fan who actually tried to talk to him.

At the same show, I was elbowed in the head during the Wall of Death. As I was leaving the medics tent, I bumped into John Campbell and didn't realize it until my friend told me.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by alaskan_ninja

no I'm a witness. I was jerking off in the bathroom, and then holy ****, there was bruce springsteen.
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
Page 1 of 2