I play a little bit of reggae and ska and the treble is killing our ears. I've turned the treble and the mids down and it doesn't help that much unless they're at like 2-3. The band is complaining. I told them to go buy some Hearos (that's what I use so I don't even notice unless they're not in) but they don't wanna. Anyway I've got my tone rolled back and everything.
Last edited by drewfromutah at Aug 4, 2009,
What preamp tubes do you have? is the speaker stock?
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
What preamp tubes do you have? is the speaker stock?

It's got nice JJ preamp tubes (can't remember the exact type) and yeah it's the stock Blue Marvel.
What about power tubes, are those JJs too?

If it's neither of those, it has to be the speaker. The Blue Marvel is known to be a bit trebly.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
What about power tubes, are those JJs too?

If it's neither of those, it has to be the speaker. The Blue Marvel is known to be a bit trebly.

Cool thanks! I'll look into a replacement.
Quote by Darkflame
well i love my celestion vintage30, and my amp's got a natural deeeeeeeeeeep low end, but that might come from the amp..
maybe consider a bass speaker ? you'll get tons of low end with one

no to the bass cab, it'll cause resonant low-end and a lot of it... not a good thing. yes to the V30's. they will be very midy and break well (break as in natural distortion, not break as in "oops").

and while I fully support hearing protection, keep in mind that your audience most likely won't be wearing any. if your settings hurt your bandmates' ears, why would you expect an audience to appreciate it?

dial your tone without the plugs, then use the plugs to rehearse... and pretty much always.
BTW, the only overdrive I use is with my Tubescreamer. I keep the amp on the "rhythm" channel at a clean tone. With the overdrive on, my highs don't hurt but when I click onto the clean channel they do.