alright, so, I'm looking to upgrade my pickups. I've got an ibanez GSZ 120 that I'm (assuming) has no-name humbuckers.

It's a pretty good sounding guitar, but I'm in the pursuit of having something good sounding. I'm going to upgrade to a good tuber pretty soon too.

I'm currently playing through a fender deluxe 90 amp, pretty decent sounding for a solid-state. granted i KNOW this will hold me back in sound quality.

so

suggestions?? I'm kind of partial to the seymor duncan pickups. I'm playing mostly rock in general with some blues/jazz stuff (a style like mayer). so I'm looking for some more tonal quality in the low/mids and not loosing all of my highs.

If i get duncans, what model would you suggest or what other pickup/model would you suggest??

thanks!
For Duncans JB/59
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
I wouldn't bother upgrading the pickups on any Ibanez with a 'G' in front of the name.

No matter how fond of them you may be, you have a cheap guitar and a cheap amp - expensive pickups mare not going to make the slightest big of difference. That's like fitting slick racing tyres on a SMART car and expecting it to drive like a Ferrari.

Total waste of time, to be honest.
Quote by kyle62
I wouldn't bother upgrading the pickups on any Ibanez with a 'G' in front of the name.

No matter how fond of them you may be, you have a cheap guitar and a cheap amp - expensive pickups mare not going to make the slightest big of difference. That's like fitting slick racing tyres on a SMART car and expecting it to drive like a Ferrari.

Total waste of time, to be honest.

well YA i knew that, but if your so smart, why not a suggestion?

sorry i can't afford a les paul or a strat, sorry i can't afford a fender deluxe at the moment either!

not looking to pump $300 worth of pickups into this guitar by any means, but it IS A bit like going to a drag race with a smart car. no matter HOW good of a driver you are, there's only so much you can do.

in my opinion (and others) the guitar sounds GREAT when compared with others in the range but its obviously lacking. Hopefully within a while here I'll be getting a blues Jr. that a buddy's getting rid of. love that thing.

basically i know its not going to sing like a gibson but i want to try and IMPROVE the tonal quality a bit.
Quote by jlangholzj
Hopefully within a while here I'll be getting a blues Jr. that a buddy's getting rid of. love that thing.

Hope you get it! Great amp.

You've justified your point very well, but don't bother with Seymour Duncans. Go for Tonerider or Guitarfetish - about a third of the price and the same sort of quality.
Quote by kyle62
Hope you get it! Great amp.

You've justified your point very well, but don't bother with Seymour Duncans. Go for Tonerider or Guitarfetish - about a third of the price and the same sort of quality.

thats the kind of advice i was lookin for

any others?