This is my first song worthy of making it into UG.
Please give it a listen... i'd love to hear some feedback on it!
This is the link: The First Time
My Gear:

--- Fender Starcaster Black Edition
--- Digitech RP - 55 Effects Pedal
--- Line 6 Spyder Amp 40w
--- Guitar Pro 5.2
--- Audacity 1.3 (Beta)
Last edited by XxXGerardoXxX at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by XxXGerardoXxX
This is my first song worthy of making it into UG.
Please give it a listen... i'd love to hear some feedback on it!
This is the link: The First Time

Was this you playing, or GuitarPro (or another similar program)? The recording was excellent, and while I can't say too much about the technicality (Prog-Head here), it was a nice calming song and I really enjoyed it. Well done.

Would you mind giving mine a listen and telling me what you think of it?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=21044628#post21044628
Hmmmm.. I have to say it's really hard to to critique a midi song. I see you have put a good bit of effort into it. It sounds very video game-ish to me. It reminds me of playing Sega Genesis back in the day. I can see a ninja character at the winning scene of the game, then the credits roll and this music is playing the whole time. Kind of nostalgic, really. :^)
@ leviathan:

The guitar parts are played by myself but are heavily edited.. didnt do the whole song in a single run but rather worked on it by parts as i found the time to do so. The background guitar strums are looped from a single progression i used, the bass and drums were sampled using Audacity, the acoustic lead was cleaned up to not hear any scratch or sliding noises as these seem to take away from the tune, so i used a noise gate effect with the RP 55, and finally the lead overdriven guitar was also heavily edited so as to not hear any clipping and to make it sound somewhat clean. Thanks a lot for ur feedback and i'll be looking at some of ur works too
My Gear:

--- Guitar Pro 5.2
--- Audacity 1.3 (Beta)
@ heartinmyhead

As stated before, the guitar parts are done by myself, but also heavily edited. And it seems that i did get my message through this song as u said u felt nostalgic, which is the point of it lol. Also, the name of the song is supposed to imply 2 things: first, that feeling u get when u look back at things and want to re-live them, and also that this is the first actual tune that makes sense to put up. so again, thanks a lot on the feedback and hope to hearing more of ur works soon.
My Gear:

--- Guitar Pro 5.2
--- Audacity 1.3 (Beta)