I just made the first of this thread a few minutes before this one; it then got reported because there is already book threads, and people didn't see the point of this, so I deleted before the thread would get locked, so I could at least fully explain the idea, so at least if this gets locked, it will be justified, seeing as the point would have been understood.

The book and literature thread is over 45 pages (and I use the 40 posts per page option), plus there's other threads. I thought it would be nice to organize it into a list that I will keep updating here on the OP, which would be much more convenient than pages and pages of posts and threads to go through.

This is meant to be a list of books recommened by people here in the Pit, for other people in the Pit looking for something to read. Any recommendation must be recommended by three people altogether; the person who first recommends it, the person who seconds it, and the person who confirms it (I say confirms because thirded sounds stupid, but that's what it is; it's just another second), before I will add it to the OP or the second post as part of the official list.

If this idea succeeds and the list gets bigger, it may be sorted out, possibly by genre. For now, however, it will just be alphabetical by the authors last name (which reminds me, include authors in the first recommendation).

GO!

Edit: Be sure to look at all recent suggestions to see if there's any that you like that need to be seconded or confirmed.
Last edited by herby190 at Aug 4, 2009,
Crime and Punishment
The Brothers Karamazov
The Idiot.
All of those are by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas.

/thread
House of Leaves - Mark Z. Danielewski is a good'un.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Eeeee Eee Eeee - Tao Lin
Cat's Cradle - Kurt Vonnegut
Player Piano - Kurt Vonnegut
Nine Stories - J. D. Salinger
Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
Feed - M. T. Anderson

Let's start it off with those.

Also, Ayn Rand is a stupid bitch.

Edit:
Quote by Colgate Total
I Am the Messenger
I second this.

(It's by Marcus Zusak, btw.)
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Aug 4, 2009,
One Flew over the Koo Koos Nest- Ken Kessey
The Slaughter House Five- Kurt Vonnegut
Catcher in the Rye- JD Sallinger
Farinheit 451- Ray Bradbury
The Stand- Steven King
Candide- Voltaire
The Great Gatsby- F. Scot Fitzgerald

Second House of Leaves
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.