Quote by namesroverrated
Religon thread

*reported*

religion threads are reported?
Wtf
I'm a hindu and fine with it for 18 years now
Quote by deaththrashcore
Mormons.

thats not a major world religion its a sect of one.
Christianity, as it's the one with the most actual evidence, and it's what almost all subsequently formed religions have been, quite obviously, based off of
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
south park says mormon is the correct choice. and we all KNOW how accurate south park is.
In speed versus emotional playing, i think of an M16 versus an M24. You can have 650 rounds per minute, or one round, one kill. Both should be in your arsenal.

PSN and XBL: xxWONDERxxBOYxx
Leave a message that you're from UG with your username
Quote by Serg1

sect of what?
GLEN JENSEN. That is all.....

Proud owner of an Ibanez Wh10V2
Quote by skaterskagg1
Buddhism.

this.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
Quote by Serg1

You're just upset because you didn't think the gold plates were real... dum-dum-dum-dum-dum!
Quote by pwninator123
Christianity, as it's the one with the most actual evidence, and it's what almost all subsequently formed religions have been, quite obviously, based off of

Not really...A whole bunch of sects pretty much just broke away because they wanted to do it their way.

Probably Buddhism.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by pwninator123

Because Jesus was not Jewish. Christianity was the first monotheistic religion. Christians weren't ever persecuted for being considered occult at any point in history. Christianity has no relation at all to Sun-worship. Nope.

EDIT: Oh, and the Bible hasn't been changed countless times and has retained it's clarity and original wording from the beginning of time.
Last edited by deaththrashcore at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by Morgant
That ruins the purpose of "faith"...

Not if you are undecided. Imagine if you spent you life on your knees praying to some douchebag and you found out L Ron Hubbard was right.
Christianity came from Judism which formed from Zoroastrianism (sp?). But that is only the majority of the population now. Pagans/nature based likely had more followers when religion was in its early stages.

Hmmm...maybe all of them? That certainly would be entertaining to watch how things go down at rapture/judgement/whatever
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

Quote by deaththrashcore
Because Jesus was not Jewish. Christianity was the first monotheistic religion. Christians weren't ever persecuted for being considered occult at any point in history. Christianity has no relation at all to Sun-worship. Nope.

EDIT: Oh, and the Bible hasn't been changed countless times and has retained it's clarity and original wording from the beginning of time.

I said "subsequently formed" for a reason, it's an important phrase, which you completely ignored, as well as the word "almost", nice try though

I also admit that there are omissions and chronological missteps due to the catholic's early perversion of the Bible, but the fact is that the very basics remain, and that's what matters
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
Quote by pwninator123

Actually, you're wrong. Christianity, as with Islam, are both "based off of" Judaism. Christianity is an amalgam of a number of different ideas. Christmas, for example, is not celebrated by Jehovah's Witnesses because it is believed to have been of pagan origin. Christianity has no more "evidence" than any other theist religion. It has only assumptions.

Also, this thread is pointless. No religions are "true", unless, like Taoism it is just a philosophy. This should be religion thread material anyway.
Quote by pwninator123
I said "subsequently formed" for a reason, it's an important phrase, which you completely ignored, as well as the word "almost", nice try though

I also admit that there are omissions and chronological missteps due to the catholic's early perversion of the Bible, but the fact is that the very basics remain, and that's what matters

Yep. Some guy was born with no father and came back from the dead, only to float upwards into the sky, never to be seen again.

Sounds like something you should base your life on.
Quote by pwninator123

Yes, I agree subsequently, scientology is based off of christianity .

It also doesn't have the most evidence, just beliefs, which haven't been proven. I don't believe a thing the bible says, as it's based off of the the patterns of the sun.

I'm not trying to bash or anything and I respect your decision to believe in christianity, but it's not for me, and no I'm not going to hell just because I don't believe Jesus is God.

I'm also pretty sure drugs such as psylocybin, (sp?) which is grows naturally played a huge role in how many of these religions were made.
Last edited by kiloisalb at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by Serg1
Not if you are undecided. Imagine if you spent you life on your knees praying to some douchebag and you found out L Ron Hubbard was right.

You got a problem with Xenu, asshat?
Quote by blackthought
Yep. Some guy was born with no father and came back from the dead, only to float upwards into the sky, never to be seen again.

XD This reminds me of a quote from Richard Dawkins' book.

"Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man - living in the sky - who watches everything you do, every minute of the day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever...But he loves you!"

Ahhh, theism.
Quote by blackthought

People base their lives on his teachings

...not whether or not he was a zombie-christ who did magic tricks and spoke telepathically to the sky.
Quote by Hybrid_Xer0
People base their lives on his teachings

...not whether or not he was a zombie-christ who did magic tricks and spoke telepathically to the sky.

This. People forget what Christianity is about.
Quote by metalheadblues
religion threads are reported?
Wtf
I'm a hindu and fine with it for 18 years now

There's a "The only religion thread" that's why it got reported.
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Atheism

Edit: Although I personally don't believe there is a religion that is 'right', I believe people are entitled to believe what they want. I personally am not very religious, but I respect those who choose to believe in it, or who are spiritual. I'm just not a firm believer.

Unfortunately I've lost a good friend to a religion.
BeeBoop!

Quote by St.Loony
Mattron2000: Tells the truth; but in words.
Last edited by Mattron2000 at Aug 4, 2009,
Well, we all know only Mormons get into Heaven. Except God I guess, he's a self professed Buddhist.

josephsmithwascalledaprophetdumdumdumdumdummm

edit: Meanwhile, this thread has 616 views, spooky.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Last edited by Gsaws at Aug 4, 2009,
I believe religion was a man-made rationalization for life, so I don't believe in any.

No matter how much I want to believe in reincarnation.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Page 1 of 2