Does anyone know of any good stores where I can get gears/setup/tune-ups in the LA area? Sure there are lots of Guitar Centers, but probably you guys have better stores in mind. I went to a GC to replace a string, and the guy at the door told me that the professional tech comes every Thursday but I could check if the sales ppl could help. Turned out the lady at the accessories department could do it for me in under 5 minutes. So much for the "professional tech."

I need someone to setup my guitar properly since I think I'm having fretbuzz.

I checked out TrueTone in Santa Monica and it's pretty nice, but it's a good 20+ miles from where I live in the San Fernando Valley.
Quote by lildre
to replace a string, and the guy at the door told me that the professional tech

What the hell?! Every employee at the store should be able to do that by the end of their first day on the job, if not as a hiring prereq.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

You needed someone to change a string for you..?

Do you actually play guitar or do you just like carrying one around?
This is my first guitar. Make it my first instrument. The string snapped as I was tuning it.
You need a pro to replace a string? Unless it has a Floyd Rose on it, that's just plain embarrassing.
Quote by lildre
This is my first guitar. Make it my first instrument. The string snapped as I was tuning it.

Forget them, everybody was new once. Forgivable for you. Not so much for a store specializing in guitars.

Would you trust a doctor who couldn't use a syringe? Your instincts on looking for a new store are right.
Bluegrass Rocks

CYNONYTE!

Quote by Basti95
People only come here to get sigged anyway

Quote by Basti95
Rats, I thought someone would sig it and make me famous...

it was going to be my big break

go to mccabes guitar shop. srsly.
http://www.mccabes.com/
Gear:

St. Blues Bluesmaster IV
Vox AC4- ah-mazing lil amp
Roland Micro Cube- 1st amp... pretty crappy
a whole lotta picks

Am I the only one who has WON
THE GAME?