Page 1 of 2
That's the most stupid fucking thing I have ever seen. Please go die in a hole.

Edit: Ok, I'll explain just why it is stupid.

-First off, he assumes that the worst rock band ever will have sold over 5 million records. That's just stupid. The worst rock band ever probably won't have sold any.

-Secondly, he eliminates several bands from the field of 64 for absolutely no reason.

-The "elimination" part has absolutely nothing analytical about it. It is basically just him choosing which band he prefers. There's no objective decisions, no voting by large groups of people, just which band he judges to be worse.

In conclusion, that is nothing more than one (very stupid) guy's opinion. He obviously has no life if he took all the time to write that.
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Aug 4, 2009,
iwrestledabearonce

Worst band ever,I felt like Brian Posehn at the beginning of the Metal by Numbers video when I hearing their ****
Lifes a grave and I dig it!
Too much to read, can you just give us a list without a whole summary of the past 300 years of this competition? 1 - X of worst bands in the final.
Quote by alaskan_ninja
That's the most stupid fucking thing I have ever seen. Please go die in a hole.

I didn't make the article

If I change my sig, will you be polite, at least?

Yes I am aware he categorises Metallica as 'hardcore'
All that, just to insult Motley Crue?

I AM VERY DISAPPOINT!!!

oh, and also, tl;dr
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Korn is pretty good, actually

Almost stopped reading there.
They innovated

Completely stopped reading there.
Quote by lukeylynch
I didn't make the article

If I change my sig, will you be polite, at least?

Yes I am aware he categorises Metallica as 'hardcore'
You should change your sig anyway, since I never said that. Learn some forum etiquette.

I'll give a better answer if you do.
kill all humans
Last edited by alaskan_ninja at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjnrXTTvPY

Eek-stack.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
Quote by im not mental
hoogie boogie land!

Now, the true question is. Worst rock band of all time, or the absolute greatest?
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by im not mental
hoogie boogie land!

That's where we want to beeeeeeeeeee

there's another video about them on youtube with a concert they played 4 years ago, they've actually improved.

a smidgen.
it offends me that the author called Money For Nothing annoying. that song is BRILLIANT. long live Dire Straits

by the way, the top 5 worst rock bands ever are

1. creed
2. marianas trench
3. limp bizkit
4. panic at the disco
5. dashboard confessional
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 4, 2009,
very very very very very very very very very very very old

I think I was in 6th grade when I found this...
Top 15:
Neutral Milk Hotel
Smashing Pumpkins
Placebo
Elliott Smith
Devendra Banhart
Pavement
Anberlin
Eve 6
The Clash
Imogen Heap
Ingrid Michaelson
Bayside
Minus The Bear
The Replacements
Bright Eyes/Conor Oberst
I'm confused...how is Metallica in the punk group and how are Poison and Def Leppard "serious" contenders in metal?
Quote by CoreysMonster
That's where we want to beeeeeeeeeee

there's another video about them on youtube with a concert they played 4 years ago, they've actually improved.

a smidgen.

lol, yeah I've seen that one. An improvement is an improvement I guess.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Hellish_Wolf
I'll just leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjnrXTTvPY

Oh my god.... the singer....
Quote by brandonian
you nose started bleeding, so the first thing you do is post it on UG? i don't understand the reasoning behind that one my friend

Quote by unplugtheradio
screw grammar i practice economic typing.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
it offends me that the author called Money For Nothing annoying. that song is BRILLIANT. long live Dire Straits

by the way, the top 5 worst rock bands ever are

1. creed
2. marianas trench
3. limp bizkit
4. panic at the disco
5. dashboard confessional

Damn, I am torn. I respect the fact that you are a Dire Straits fan, but the fact that you don't like Panic At The Disco (Pretty. Odd is actually a really good album) makes me question that respect.

Conclusion: n00b. Haha, that's what you get for being a UG member for less than a year. You should learn to join sooner. Dick.

Scorched...
Quote by wyldething

Conclusion: n00b. Haha, that's what you get for being a UG member for less than a year. You should learn to join sooner. Dick.

Scorched...

learn to listen to grow'd up music. like dire straits. the fact that i like dire straits means there is a zero percent chance of me liking panic at the disco. mark knopfler, his brother, and the band came from playing pub gigs in newcastle. PATD got purchased and perform songs written by
the Man.

/elitist scorch.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Aug 4, 2009,
I demand an explanation to this.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Motley Crue is the worst band ever? I didn't read all that ****, but there were really awsome bands in the pool (exceptions like U2, but they are still way better than the ''worst band ever'')

let me se...

1.The name Motley Crue is a really appealing name and it brings to my head some motorcycle glam dudes for some reason, not just a ''nothing'' like ''KISS'' (I love kiss's music but that name sucks)

2.They were probably the ones who made glam rock the music of the moment, so they didn't just attracted a teenager audience, they also attracted audience that wanted innovation (the audience that wants innovation, meh, maybe just at the beggining).

3.They have 2 vocalists (this may sound gay, but it is the truth and in part it makes a band popular) that are physically interesting (well, back in the days, not in 2009).

4.They had a really exclussive look and made that look the one of the moment (maybe Daivd Bowie kinda invented it, but in the 70s the glam look wasn't the one of the moment)and they put an awsome show live.

So as if they are popular or not 4/4 (the jonas brothers also have 4/4, but that doesn't affect if they sound good).

What differences Motley Crue from the Jonas Brothers are 2 things: (maybe 3)
The Jonas' audience is approximately 95% girls while Motley Crue's audience is about 60% men and 40% women.

From every rocker ive talked about Motley Crue with, all of them love them and the worst thing ive heard is ''I liked their first 2 albums''

Motley Crue started almost 30 years ago and a lot of people (even 2009 teenagers like me) know their songs, so they are legendary, but we would have to wait 30 years to see if the teenagers of 2039 know the Jonas Brothers' songs.

Finaly, i would go a lot into detail but im gonna summarize this, They are musically awsome and have great sound.

So the Crue forever.

Worst band ever who has sold more than 5million copies...
Soundgarden or Radiohead, maybe Judas Priest

EDIT: o no no, Radiohead is the worst band ever and nerds are ugly
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
learn to listen to grow'd up music. like dire straits. the fact that i like dire straits means there is a zero percent chance of me liking panic at the disco. mark knopfler, his brother, and the band came from playing pub gigs in newcastle. PATD got purchased and perform songs written by
the Man.

/elitist scorch.

That's unfortunate, because by being so narrow minded you are missing out on a bunch of interesting music. I am not a rabid fan of either band, but I enjoy both. I am pretty sure I was a fan of Knopfler's while you were still a Raffi fanboy.

I really wish you had been able to sense the heavy sarcasm in my previous post
Quote by actaderock

Judas Priest >>>>>>>>> Motley Crue
Quote by actaderock
blah blah blah...

KISS stands for either Keep It Simple, Stupid, or Kids In Satan's Service. Both of which are better than Motley Crue.

and yes, SGarden and Priest>>>>>>>>>>Crue.

Also, alot of what you said didn't make sense 100%.

and wyldething...wtf is Raffi?
Last edited by lukeylynch at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by lukeylynch
KISS stands for either Keep It Simple, Stupid, or Kids In Satan's Service. Both of which are better than Motley Crue.

and yes, SGarden and Priest>>>>>>>>>>Crue.

Also, alot of what you said didn't make sense 100%.

I've always heard that people believed it was "Knights In Satan's Service"

lol.
wow, motley crue as the worst rock band ever. thats not surprising at all.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by lukeylynch

and wyldething...wtf is Raffi?

Raffi is/was a kid's singer. Songs like "Bananaphone", "Baby Baluga", etc. It was a reference to the fact that I believe Shinysides is young, therefore ignorant.

To clarify, though, I jest. I could really care less about other people's musical tastes.
Quote by actaderock
Motley Crue is the worst band ever? I didn't read all that ****, but there were really awsome bands in the pool (exceptions like U2, but they are still way better than the ''worst band ever'')

Nah, most of the bands there were complete and utter shit at one point.
Quote by actaderock

1.The name Motley Crue is a really appealing name and it brings to my head some motorcycle glam dudes for some reason, not just a ''nothing'' like ''KISS'' (I love kiss's music but that name sucks)

That's great. We all know how much bearing a band name has on the music.
Quote by actaderock

2.They were probably the ones who made glam rock the music of the moment, so they didn't just attracted a teenager audience, they also attracted audience that wanted innovation (the audience that wants innovation, meh, maybe just at the beggining).

Innovating glam rock?

Not something to be proud of.
Quote by actaderock
3.They have 2 vocalists (this may sound gay, but it is the truth and in part it makes a band popular) that are physically interesting (well, back in the days, not in 2009).

That's awesome.
Quote by actaderock

4.They had a really exclussive look and made that look the one of the moment (maybe Daivd Bowie kinda invented it, but in the 70s the glam look wasn't the one of the moment)

That has absolutely nothing to do with music, again.
Quote by actaderock
and they put an awsome show live.

I can't comment on this as I haven't seen them live, nor do I plan to.
Quote by actaderock

So as if they are popular or not 4/4 (the jonas brothers also have 4/4, but that doesn't affect if they sound good).

What differences Motley Crue from the Jonas Brothers are 2 things: (maybe 3)
The Jonas' audience is approximately 95% girls while Motley Crue's audience is about 60% men and 40% women.

What does the fanbase, or even the gender of the fanbase have to do with anything? Are females less "musically knowledgeable"?
Quote by actaderock

From every rocker ive talked about Motley Crue with, all of them love them and the worst thing ive heard is ''I liked their first 2 albums''

Lots of people hate Motley Crue.

That said, I did like their first album.
Quote by actaderock
Motley Crue started almost 30 years ago and a lot of people (even 2009 teenagers like me) know their songs, so they are legendary, but we would have to wait 30 years to see if the teenagers of 2039 know the Jonas Brothers' songs.

Finaly, i would go a lot into detail but im gonna summarize this, They are musically awsome and have great sound.

So the Crue forever.

Also, Radiohead > You.

Edit: Lol I'm just looking over my post and Wtf, why did I even bother replying. Disregard this post, I suck cocks.
Last edited by Doppelgänger at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by GREENWARRI0R
I've always heard that people believed it was "Knights In Satan's Service"

lol.
Kids Intercurally Sexing Satan?

Actually, I just made that up. I can't resist acronyms sometimes.
kill all humans
I am Motley Crue and what is this?
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Soo..... I read all of that just for some total jerk-off to use it to have a dig at Motley. So he doesn't like 80's metal, Boo Hoo.
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

I Wrestled a Bear Once are from my friends hometown like an hour away, I've heard a few songs, i didn't think they were bad at all. I can't tell the lead singers gender though>>
Page 1 of 2