Okay!

So, I have a Laguna LG6CE-RW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSUVKqDvV2M&feature=PlayList&p=1C5D80A07FB4492C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=39

... here are my two questions.

1. Does new strings make a whole lot of difference ?

2. Will new strings solve a little intonation problem? My low E plays a lil sharp at the 12th fret. Will new strings help that lil problem ? or should i go ahead and go for setup.
Get a setup and new strings if you haven't changed them for more than a month. You should change strings once a month at the most if you use regular, non-coated strings. If you're using something like Elixir or D'Addario EXP, then you should change strings every 3 months.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
im not gonna lie.. i have this guitar for about 3 months.. bought it with these strings.
I play my guitar every week (church worship). so its gets played quiet a few hours over the week.

So im guessing Elixir and D'Addario strings are the better options here..
Well, not necessarily. They last for a while, but most people prefer the tone of uncoated strings, myself included. I would suggest checking out the What Strings Thread and seeing what is said in there. By the way, those are just brands. Elixir strings are all coated, but D'Addario makes regular stings as well as their EXP (extended play) line, which aren't coated, but have a different winding process.

Don't feel bad. I don't think the other guitarist in my church's youth band changes strings unless they break. It sounds awful too. In fact, I think he went for a stretch of about 5 months before he changed them one time because of that.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Last edited by Natrone at Aug 4, 2009,
Ah, right, I forgot. It's been a while since I've used them and I thought the packaging said something about a special winding process they use rather than coating to give it a more natural sound and feel.

Either way, they sound loads better than other coated strings.
Quote by necrosis1193

Quote by Silverstein14

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
I actually have exp strings on my acoustic now and they sound fine to me. I've used daddario phosphor bronze ones before and some Musicians Gear branded ones. The coated ones sound good still and actually stay in tune better. The only thing I dont care for about them is the way they feel when fingerpicking. They feel like plastic when fingerpicking.
Personal preference is towards the exp right now.