Hey everyone...Lately I have fallen in love with piano...But I have no idea how to read music and I cant seem to wrap my head around all of it..Maybe im over thinking it much? But if anyone knows the fastest way to read music for piano I would appreciate it...And if im not mistaken there isnt an alternative to piano like tabs or anything in that case for piano right? I would probably be better off learning to read music....So if anyone knows what will help me learn I would appreciate it. Thank you
Get an instructor...
ಠ_ಠ

Notice how I have not quoted anyone, you could be the first! Make me lol!

198th person with a llama in a sig!

I unfortunately witnessed The Night of The Pear II
Sounds like you're not well acquainted with music in general. If you're willing to get a music teacher, it might help. Otherwise, buy a book about beginner's piano, and practice like crazy. Try saying the note aloud as you read and play it at the same time, and persist. It is never 'easy' but there are more efficient ways of going about it.

Edit: by the way I think you're talking about 'sheet music'.
Well once you get the basics of the notes, just practice easy stuff a lot. It'll become easy real fast. At least, that's how it worked when I played violin. Piano might be harder because of all the notes...
Just keep practicing.

EGBDF

Every Good Boy Does Fine, or Ever Good Girl Deserves Fudge.. somthin like that.

Sight reading just comes with time. It wont take you but a couple days if you really work at it.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
There's no easy way to learn how to read music and get it right. It just takes practice. Don't go for "shortcuts" because they really don't work all that well, I find.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Theres plenty of programs u can download that help you practice. A lot of its freeware. I think Ive got something called 'Jalmus' (JAVA LECTURE MUSICALE).
Just do it everyday.
Originally Posted by Dawginator
Lord Cheswick, you are a comic genius!

Originally Posted by blommen
the move of a true gentleman sir Jacek. short, civilised, and intellectual. hats off to you good sir
Hahaha, piano tabs.

|34-35-38-78-88-56-57-58-65-|
Check out my band Disturbed