I'm looking for a guitar that body wise is built well. I wana spend under $1000 CDN if possible. Electronics don't matter, i'll most likely be tearing them out and replacing them more then once (i have lots of pickups). Only requirment is at bare minimum 1 humbucker. Just want it well built and idc on bridge at all. Any other comments would be appreciated =]
You really need to narrow down your options,because at this point all you're gonna get is a bunch of opinions and counter opinions that wont be helpful at all.Try to be specific about body and neck wood,neck style,number of frets,neck construction,pickup configuration,and so on.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

the only thing i can say is that that more than likely (im going off american figures so im guessing) narrows you down to the low end gibson, medium ibanezs, medium/low end deans, B.C. Rich, maybe some fenders and squires, jacksons, you really need to refine it, maybe a certain shape, jack location (a biggie for myself) the knobs on the guitar, the toggle switch type (gibson style three way or strat style 5 way) i mean unless you narrow it down your really just swinging in the middle of an open field.

but other wise i would reccomend a dean, not a bolt on model though, they're not bad just not great.
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by F8iscruel
the only thing i can say is that that more than likely (im going off american figures so im guessing) narrows you down to the low end gibson, medium ibanezs, medium/low end deans, B.C. Rich, maybe some fenders and squires, jacksons, you really need to refine it, maybe a certain shape, jack location (a biggie for myself) the knobs on the guitar, the toggle switch type (gibson style three way or strat style 5 way) i mean unless you narrow it down your really just swinging in the middle of an open field.

but other wise i would reccomend a dean, not a bolt on model though, they're not bad just not great.

Yeah,TS basically asked for any mid-range guitar made by a company that isn't run by chimps.I suggest an Ibanez model of some kind,excluding edge III models unless you want to do a bridge swap.The mid-range S series,fixed bridge RG's,and the prestige models are great quality for the price IMO,and make good mod guitars if you want to mess with electronics since most Ibanez guitars have great build quality but meh pickups.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Yeah,TS basically asked for any mid-range guitar made by a company that isn't run by chimps.I suggest an Ibanez model of some kind,excluding edge III models unless you want to do a bridge swap.The mid-range S series,fixed bridge RG's,and the prestige models are great quality for the price IMO,and make good mod guitars if you want to mess with electronics since most Ibanez guitars have great build quality but meh pickups.

well the higher end deans have some of their building dignity left, but yah when the guy who started the company leaves (not once but twice) you know there is a problem in production. speaking of Dean check of DBZ i don't know their price outside the US but who knows they might be relativly cheap
http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/
no dealers as far as i know, and they are sleek and classy. but i don't know on price.

or maybe an LTD, they are really nice i always play them when i bum around GC
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Quote by F8iscruel
well the higher end deans have some of their building dignity left, but yah when the guy who started the company leaves (not once but twice) you know there is a problem in production. speaking of Dean check of DBZ i don't know their price outside the US but who knows they might be relativly cheap
http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/
no dealers as far as i know, and they are sleek and classy. but i don't know on price.

or maybe an LTD, they are really nice i always play them when i bum around GC

Most of the Deans I've played have suffered from basic QC issues,which is sad since that stuff can be easily avoided but can really ruin a brand when it isn't controlled.I will say though that the higher end models I've played were damn fine guitars.The Rusty Cooley sig is one of the nicest 7 strings I've ever played,and I'm considering picking up one of the cheaper models now that they've finally been released.

Try a Godin Guitar out. They're very well built on the wood part. And they're canadian.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Order something from Warmoth?

Win.

Warmoth is a good way to go. Behave yourself when ordering parts, you can easily go over 1000 CDN.

If you'd rather just start from the ground up on a halfway decent guitar, cheaper Ibanez's would be a good way to go. Although, a modded 27 fret Ibanez Xiphos without that damned Edge III would be a sexy sight indeed.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by leech3
Try a Godin Guitar out. They're very well built on the wood part. And they're canadian.

+1
I was about to suggest this.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO