So currently I run a Crate BX200 into a GK Backline 4x10 and a GK Backline 1x15... which should be giving me 200w @ 4ohms into 600w handling capacity (400w on the 4x10, and 200w on the 1x15.)

For a short while I've been running gain on max with the master volume around 7.5. For a while there was slight noticeable fuzz which changed from time to time when running the amp. I had thought it was the battery going out on the active pickups on the bass (when i'd turn the volume to halfway on the bass, it would get scratchy, but resume being clear at max and closer towards min volumes.)

A friend played the bass the other day and said it cut out on him, so I figured the battery was dead. After replacing the battery, I turn on the rig to find that it is emitting no sound whatsoever. So I opened up the head and discovered two blown fuses... which I assumed were the problem. We grabbed a head from another bass amp but nothing was coming out of the speakers.

Upon taking the cab somewhat apart, the input jack is fine, but I pulled out one speaker and noticed that it's connected with stereo wire... you know, a red and a black. These attach to a base which has two silver braided-looking wires, one of which looked like it had come off. Magnet still works. Cone doesn't appear to be torn or anything.

I'm assuming if I solder this in, it will fix the problem, since the fuzz I was hearing could have been a grounding issue? Is there anything else I should be looking at? I mean, I know I'm underpowering the speakers with the head, and I crank it somewhat high in order to be heard, which is supposed to cause speaker damage. Is it trashed, or just an issue of wires coming loose and the combination of other unfortunate things at the time?
Schecter C-1 Classic
Marshall JCM900 100w w/1960 cab
Monster Effects: Mastortion user!
Before your do that check the input jack on your bass. I had this problem once and the input jack on my bass needed to be resoldered. It makes sense with why it cut when you had it at mid volume too.
Put the wires back on, change fuses, lower input gain.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Some guy on the carvin forums told me there was no such thing as underpowering, and that it was just a myth. He told me to do a search on talkbass, but I never did.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat
In away its not a myth and in a way it is. It can be sort of caused but you have to be a fool to do it.
I think the easiest way to do it is when you have a small head lets 100-200 watts and a huge cab well lest say a 1x15 at 1000 watts. You turn your head up more and more trying to get more volume and then head starts clipping constantly sending constant peaks htrough the speaker, and then some damage can be caused to the speaker.
To every myth there is some fact!
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Just a question but I've found I can get a dodgy sound out of my lead that's on it's way out, sometimes it just won't work, others it can be fuzzy and sometimes it'll work perfectly.

Just try a different lead if you haven't already before doing anything else.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
It could be a ba solder or some solder going.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I remember when I bought my amp the salesman told me I should never put the gain higher than the master volume so maybe thats where the problem lies.
You use the input gain to set the input signal, turn it up till it just starts to clip then take it back abit till it doesnt and then use the output gain, channel volume or master volume to set the volume.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul