hey guys

so yer i can't decide on what set of pickups to buy. I play metal mostly but also like playing classic rock/ blues.

Looking for a Lamb of god type distortion for metal.

thanks.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
willie from LOG uses jb/59 in his custom model so id go with that set.
however they also use mesa mark IV's, and your not gonna get that kinda tone with a valveking but hey the pickups are a start
The JB/'59 set would give you the most versatility and options out of the two choices,which seems to be what you're looking for.The JB can do metal but cleans up nicely with some control adjustments.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
Chill. Stop being a little girl and get Live Wire Metals. The 18 volt set.

Says the fruit who listens to metalcore.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
I don't listen to metalcore. At all.

That's good. It's cool how well that's reflected in your username.
Quote by Mendelbrak
That's good. It's cool how well that's reflected in your username.

Now,I may be mistaken,but do I detect some subtle sarcasm in your post my good Sir?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I'd take the Custom in the bridge over the JB in this instance.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I have a set of blackouts and they are great PU's. On my Mesa triple rec. they can get the cleanest distortion while the cleans sound very nice for actives. The JB 59's are also great Pu's but i prefer active its just my personal opinion.
JB/59

But are you buying these pups for your Hellraiser?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by leftyace
JB/59

But are you buying these pups for your Hellraiser?

No. Selling it for 950 AUD and buying another guitar.
Quote by Mad Marius
What guitar you getting? And don't change pickups out of your new guitar until you've had a decent chance to try them, sometimes they are well suited to what you play.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
What guitar you getting? And don't change pickups out of your new guitar until you've had a decent chance to try them, sometimes they are well suited to what you play.

Looking at the blackjack atx and c1 blackjack
Quote by Mad Marius
Oh I getcha now you're deciding between both guitars ah yeah makes sense, nevermind my previous post then.