Hi

Just went out and bought heaps of pedals, now im stuck on what to get iv bought a Digitech Whammy Pedal and a jimi hendrix fuzz face, now i was going to buy a jimi hendrix Octavio but i was thinking no point because i can just go one octave up on the whammy pedal and use the fuzz face. Is that just the same thing as using a jimi hendix Octavio or do i need a jimi hendrix octavio still?

Thanks.
Last edited by Roscoe Pablo at Aug 4, 2009,
First of all, it's called an Octavia, not an Octavio. No, using a Whammy for the octave up will sound nothing like the Octavia and it will most likely track pretty bad.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
the octavia does a different thing - it's kind of like a fuzz with the pronounced upper octave harmonic which is different to physically shifting the pitch up an octave.

^i think the dunlop is called the octavio... can't remember though really.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
First of all, it's called an Octavia, not an Octavio. No, using a Whammy for the octave up will sound nothing like the Octavia and it will most likely track pretty bad.

First of all your WRONG its actually Octavio, second of all MUHAHAHAHA.
there are better units out there than the dunlop. If you want a good unit, try the Fulltone Octafuzz or the Fulltone Ultimate Octave.
http://www.roger-mayer.co.uk/octavia.htm

Perhaps the man himself can clear that up for you.

First thing to clear up is why two names Octavia and Octavio. The answer is simple I always called the boxes Octavia but Jimi and a few others called them Octavio. The boxes were never labelled by me and the exhibit in the EMP Museum in Seattle has been labelled by someone else to read Octavio.
Quote by FbSa
Back in the 70's I decided to take all the frets off Jaco's Bass thinking he would play worse. Man did that backfire.

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']FUCK YES.

GSAWS, I LOVE YOU.
Last edited by Gsaws at Aug 4, 2009,