Hi i was subscribed to the free photo thing at in flames's website. They were sending some photos to fans. They sent this: Björn with his practice amp:

WTF is that an MG??
It's just for advertising.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
oh noes! his practice tone isnt absolutely amazing!!!

who cares? hes playing shows with his awesome rig night after night. he just wants a little amp to practice with. mgs are cheap and small, so why not?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Using a practice amp for practicing???!!?!?! Who would've thought! Blasphemy!

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Laughing all the way to the bank.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
HOLY FUCK A MG!!!111!!11!111one!!1
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Aug 4, 2009,
Oh no! not Marshall advertising by paying him large amounts of money to endorse a lame amp.
Who could have seen this coming? not after Kerry King and Zakk Wylde did it!
Even if he does use it, does it effect you in any way at all??

STFU

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Think about this,if he's on tour and he comes up with a great riff/just feels like playing guitar it's a bit inpractical for him to go and set-up one of his marshalls.They could even still be in a different country with the roadies,and I'm sure the people in the hotel room downstairs wouldn't appreciate all that racket.He also wants reduce the wear on his tubes a bit.So the his sponsor says 'here,just endorse this and you can use it and get an extra wad of cash'.
He weighs up his reasons:
The above VS lightweight,portability,practicality,doesn't matter if it gets lost/damaged/stolen,reasonalbe volume,general reliability AND he gets a bunch of money to just have a photo with this amp.The choice is pretty obvious.You don't always need 'TeH TOOBZ overdrive'.Sometimes you only need your overdrive to be crushing.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by blind.quardian
I dont think its really a adverstisement because you can barely understand its an mg.

i think it's more of an advert for marshall's whole range of amplifiers, considering it's not incredibly obvious which model either of the amps are. it's just a small practice amp and a stack both with the marshall logo, to the untrained eye - it doesn't have some blurb about a particular model like the marshall ads usually do - those who don't know how to identify a marshall amp (i for one couldn't identify many of them) by simply looking at a picture, it's just a marshall.. 'and that means its awesome, right?'
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
advertising a popular amp = money
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by blind.quardian
I dont think its really a adverstisement because you can barely understand its an mg.

But you think he practices though an MC with a stack behind him and in an environment with all that concert lighting?

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot.
Tons of guitarists use the little MG10, backstage as a practice amp.

The MG doesn't sound any worse than other cheap SS practice amps, the only reason people should dislike it is the devious marketing and the fact it's ludicrously overpriced (because of the name). Most artists won't be paying for their amps anyway, so I don't see why they'd give a damn.

It doesn't sound that bad. Get over it.
Typical. Another "none more br00tal" Metal artist, from a genre who's artists feel defined by their lack of convention and individuality, that goes and punts their arse to a big company through the endorsement of their worst product.

There has to be a wall of shame made for these integrity deficient plonkers, because it's guys like them who will have another new batch of kids lapping up MGs looking for the In Flames sound.

You wouldn't get this kind of sh*t from Maroon 5......

EDIT: Admittedly, I heard a guy playing through a new model MG4 with a Strat the other day, and I've heard worse tones - including the previous MGDFX range, but even still, the price they charge is ridiculous in comparison to what can actually be bought for the same price.
Last edited by greggybhoy at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by Ian hawkins

You don't always need 'TeH TOOBZ overdrive'. Sometimes you only need your overdrive to be crushing.

Quote by sg4ever
He gets the amp for free and is just practicing on it. What's the big deal?

Exactly. Lets face it, he's practicing backstage, I'm sure that he isn't bothered about his tone, especially when he would be playing later that night with some high end valve amp, with great tone.
ZOMG!!!!1!!!!! some1 in a advertisement advertising something specified by the company!?!?! WTF!!!!!

seriously, are you just trying to look cool by jumping on the bandwagon?

"Hey Gaiz! I h8 MGs 2! guess i'm a good gtr plyr nao, huh?"
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
So? Eddie Van Halen practises through a Spider backstage, and they don't even pay him to. (Look through the EVH and his fat ass kid Guitar World if you think I'm lying)
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
I read the thread title phonetically, like NEW Bjorn blah blah. Next time, add an extra O for better expression of dismay.

I only practice through 8 4x12s and 4 Mesa Mark IVs.
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly
I read the thread title phonetically, like NEW Bjorn blah blah. Next time, add an extra O for better expression of dismay.

I only practice through 8 4x12s and 4 Mesa Mark IVs.

That's nothing, I practise though 16 Ampeg VH-140Cs... which somehow cost less then 4 Mark IVs.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Cool, there's an anti MG Bandwagon bandwagon rolling into town. Ace.

MGs are just as shite as practice amps. They still sound crap. They're still as reliable as chocolate teapots. And there are plenty of things that sound better for less money. Admittedly getting them for free justifies using them, but the majority of whiners in here didn't even bring that up.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I've seen alot pros using mg's for practicing a new riff or just keeping sharp while on the road.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Last edited by Blacken Seas at Aug 4, 2009,
Considering there's been pros who played live with or recorded with MGs, it's not surprising there's more pros who'll practise with them.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!