well, i said it on the title,

is it a good idea??

i know there will be some who would recommend higher wattage, but in my case i cant.

probably because of my room space, and angry neighbors always knocking my door.

some features i considered:
amp models (well it will be my second amp but i consider it as my "first" real amp.)
availability (there is no Roland distributor here in my place. if there is, i would definitely get one.)
If all else fails, you better contact your mother! COME ON!

::type
The vox ad is an awesome amp, you can get practically any sound from it and it sounds so much more "real" than a purely digital amp. Plus I would reccomend the 30 watt version as you are able to set it yo any wattage from .01 to 30, the 15 watt is stuck at 15 watt.
Comparing my 30 watt version to my freinds 15 watt, his sounds really weak as he has to keep the master volume low to play at lower volumes, I can set my 30 watt to 10 watt and put the master volume on full, which makes for a bigger sound as the valve is driven harder. You can then achieve the volume for band practice and small gigs should you go on to do them.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Last edited by turtlewax at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by turtlewax
The vox ad is an awesome amp, you can get practically any sound from it and it sounds so much more "real" than a purely digital amp. Plus I would reccomend the 30 watt version as you are able to set it yo any wattage from .01 to 30, the 15 watt is stuck at 15 watt.
Comparing my 30 watt version to my freinds 15 watt, his sounds really weak as he has to keep the master volume low to play at lower volumes, I can set my 30 watt to 10 watt and put the master volume on full, which makes for a bigger sound as the valve is driven harder. You can then achieve the volume for band practice and small gigs should you go on to do them.

The one preamp tube dosen't make that much of a difference, it will still sound worse at higher volumes due to its solid state clipping.

The vox ad series are great little amps, but anything over 30 is kinda pointless as its only a practice amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
if you're only reason for not going above 15w is noise and space, rather than money then there are a few boutique amps which are smaller but better sounding. As for the AD15 it's a great little amp gets a decent tone for a modeller and it packed with little features. my main complaint is it sounds pretty bassy when played with a les paul type guitar and you tend to need the treble right up and bass right down.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by JoePerry4life
The one preamp tube dosen't make that much of a difference, it will still sound worse at higher volumes due to its solid state clipping.

The vox ad series are great little amps, but anything over 30 is kinda pointless as its only a practice amp.

The tube is in the power amp. Just had to say.

Also I gig with my 100 watt Valvetronix, I turn it up pretty loud and I get no clipping until way beyond gig volumes*. In fact it sounds better louder IMO.

TS I recommened you get the new VT15 if you can. Far more versatile and far better sounding than the AD series.

*Except the AC30 model. I wish it was good, but it just sounds so horrible.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
you're only reason for not going above 15w is noise and space, rather than money then there are a few boutique amps which are smaller but better sounding. As for the AD15 it's a great little amp gets a decent tone for a modeller and it packed with little features. my main complaint is it sounds pretty bassy when played with a les paul type guitar and you tend to need the treble right up and bass right down.

Thats my major problem, its very bassy with certain guitars, so much so that I hardly play my epiphone.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
well, holy molly, that confused me a bit, i also have a bassy amp right now, i guess, im gonna be used with it, and im also planning on getting a les paul along with this one.

so roland amps are really recommended? there is a store here that orders from US, but it would take a month before it arrives.

Personally, I would take a Vypyr (or maybe even a cube) over a Vox modeller, even though they're all respectable practice amps.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Like somebody already said, get the newer VT series. The ADVT series had reliability issues and not as many effects. The 15 watt can get plenty loud. I think it sounds far superior to the vypyr in tone.

They are great little amps for the money. Do it
I just don't care for the AD series amp. The 50 is probably the best of the bunch, but there is so much better out there. Take a look at the Vox DA 20. The tone is so much nicer.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I spent a fair bit of time with the AD30VT once. People are right in saying that the single tube in the preamp doesn't make much of a difference. It's really a marketing ploy and is essentially a "fashion accessory."

Having said that the tones that can be had are actually very good and can sound quite warm at times. If it's your first amp that I would recommend it. Be aware though the AD30VT I played, when cranked to near full volume, decided to break.
i can get an AD by november, but for VT, possibly, next year.

prices here, are quite high, +20% maybe or bit higher.

damn corrupt customs.!!!!!

i guess im gonna settle for the AD since it will gonna be my first amp, any tips?