I am wondering where underage bands can play. I live in Watertown Ct, and my band is underage so we can't play clubs and such, so where is there to play?
I don't know really..............schools, houses, church/youth clubs.
I don't really know much sorry
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
yeah, unfortunately for us underage ones, there isnt much we can do. though, every year in my town, there's a battle of the bands for teens, so try to find something like that.
^then why did you post??

My advice: get a myspace, post demos.

search myspace for (your town here) music promoters.

Make friends.

See shows.

Be one with the scene.
GTFO my sig
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
^then why did you post??

My advice: get a myspace, post demos.

search myspace for (your town here) music promoters.

Make friends.

See shows.

Be one with the scene.

I got a band profile with my demoes on here. I would appreciate some feedback if you could listen to them and tell me what you think.
There probably aren't that many for under-age bands but you can try local festivals And as padgea7x said Youth Clubs and at your School are also pretty god for you.
Quote by ST Thrash
Ha, like a church would let us play.

Ask around at local all-ages events for your type of music.

The club managers may be more lenient than you'd expect.

Most of the time, if you're underage, you're barricaded from the bar. that's about it.
GTFO my sig
no, there are actually some churches to do that. i've been to one, and it was a decent performance too, though they played something like just classic rock. you just have to look, and dont do churches unless that's all thats left lol

but like thrash said, definitely post on myspace.
Quote by atarusabrmaster
no, there are actually some churches to do that. i've been to one, and it was a decent performance too, though they played something like just classic rock. you just have to look, and dont do churches unless that's all thats left lol

but like thrash said, definitely post on myspace.

Thank you. Kudos to the first 09er to call me by that name.

Anyway, your local promoters can get you to play in the places that count. Be aware of pay-to-play instances, by the way. You don't need to work to work, got it?
GTFO my sig
Quote by ST Thrash
I got a band profile with my demoes on here. I would appreciate some feedback if you could listen to them and tell me what you think.

A link would help!
Why is it that since your under-age you can't play in a pub? Here in Ireland young teenage bands are all over the place in pubs.

Is this just something you've assumed since you can't walk in the front door legally? Or are the pubs more strict in other countries?

Try ringing a few pubs/clubs (even if they're over your age), see how much it costs to hire their room for a night, tell them you have other bands to play the same night (don't lie about that, actually do) and you have the equipment to perform a pub gig. If they agree to that, then advertise the gig a lot, so you make sure to cover the cost of hiring and paying the other bands.
host and play at parties if you have the chance. im 16 and lucky enough to live in a place where clubs is pretty much all my band plays

EDIT: sucks to be american doesnt it? (i assume you live in the states)
Last edited by kr1stians at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by kr1stians
host and play at parties if you have the chance. im 16 and lucky enough to live in a place where clubs is pretty much all my band plays

EDIT: sucks to be american doesnt it? (i assume you live in the states)

I've actually talked to my drummer about rigging his basement for gigs. What do you guys think of that.
How old are you?

House parties are always fun to play, and you can get as rowdy as you want.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."