Have you flattened image if it's got layers?
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Why not save it as a .png? do you need specifically need a jpeg?
^ ah yeah it does now. Photoshop 7.0 never did that, still havn't got fully used to the new one.

EDIT: to flattening images automatically.
"They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion." - Ginger Baker

Quote by alexlemon2
I've been here long enough, and nobody knows who teh fudge I am

I cry at night
Last edited by hippy12 at Aug 4, 2009,
Get a mac!

Nah dont worry im not really like that, it's probably because you're working with a layer that photoshop can't convert. Say a gif. Try flattening the image, then copying the flattened image (using selection) to a new sheet. Then you can save as a JPEG.
Quote by Equivalence
You're right, but I forgot to mention that the only possible formats are PSD, PSB, EXR, Portable Bitmap, Radiance and TIFF
Save as PSD and then use IrfanView to convert it to any format.
Quote by vitchb
Get a mac!

Nah dont worry im not really like that, it's probably because you're working with a layer that photoshop can't convert. Say a gif. Try flattening the image, then copying the flattened image (using selection) to a new sheet. Then you can save as a JPEG.

Well regarding the mac thing you're absolutely right, but I put a lot of money in photoshop and now I'm a bit broke
But what you're advising was something I thought to be the solution as well, but it doesn't work. It's as if all my possible formats to save in have disappeared save the five mentioned above...
Quote by Equivalence
Well regarding the mac thing you're absolutely right, but I put a lot of money in photoshop and now I'm a bit broke
But what you're advising was something I thought to be the solution as well, but it doesn't work. It's as if all my possible formats to save in have disappeared save the five mentioned above...

I don't even use my mac for photoshop, it just seems to be the not-so-helpful answer to lots of photoshop questions these days

Have you tried just trying to save a simple JPEG layer as JPEG? Just save a blank new layer.
Quote by vitchb
I don't even use my mac for photoshop, it just seems to be the not-so-helpful answer to lots of photoshop questions these days

Have you tried just trying to save a simple JPEG layer as JPEG? Just save a blank new layer.

Doesn't work either, the dropdown box simply doesn't contain the jpeg option anymore, not even in a new file or new layer.

EDIT: I think I found it, it had to do something with the type of file I open with new file, when I select another preset than my own all the saving formats are back again. Thanks for the help pit