I was just wondering, would this work if used to play two guitars through a clean amp, would probably sound terrible with distortion, if so will it sound ok? Will one drown out the other?

The reason why I have pots are because I need something to ground the jacks to, or can I just say ground them to the side of the aluminum casing maybe?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
that's like a passive mixer right?.. it would work, definitely.. but you would hear a volume drop since two signals would share the input.. it could be corrected by turning the amps volume up, to your liking..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Quote by deltacross
that's like a passive mixer right?.. it would work, definitely.. but you would hear a volume drop since two signals would share the input.. it could be corrected by turning the amps volume up, to your liking..

Yes its a passive mixer.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
Yes its a passive mixer.

i got the same schematic from beavis audio.. however, there are much more inputs and one output.. they also made use of a resistor there..

http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Pots/

this is a very friendly DIY site..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
^^ Thanks man.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
In my experience, if you mess with the volume or tone knob of either guitar, it will affect the other guitar. I was never happy with this type of setup. Even with if you don't tweak the pots, the sound quality is degraded.
It works ok but a little annoying.

It might much better if you had active pickups (on both)/small preamp before combining..

Im sure theres a small cheap easy mixing circuit somewhere, similar to the headphone amps..
it'll work, but like someone said.. the volume of guitar 'a' is dependent on the volume/tone settings on guitar 'b'.. so a simple 2-channel active mixer would be best.

although this would work as a temporary thing, if you just want to jam with a buddy or something..