right
the nut on my sg is a horrid white colour
i was wondering if theres anyway i could stain it a cream colour without removing it
its made of corian
i was thinking using teaor coffee applying it with a paintbrush and leaving it over night
dunno if that owuld stain it
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
eh, i think that you would really need to soak it to get it to stain, and then you can't be sure that it will be the color you want. also , you have the problem of the coffee and/or tea running and getting on the rest of your guitar.

i would just replace the nut if it's that big an issue for you. shouldn't be that hard i don't think
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Yea that might not be the best idea inless you can get the nut off.... your better off just replacing the nut or after time the wear and tear will change the color.
yeah i could always change the nut
i just wanted a easy cheap way to do it rather then have a little hassel
im lazy see
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by steve!
yeah i could always change the nut
i just wanted a easy cheap way to do it rather then have a little hassel
im lazy see

oh, i can relate
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by -MintSauce-
... for the price of the stain, you could replace the nut.

THIS.
and what is your girlfreind gonna think when she see's your stained nut?
you can easly replace your nut with some pliers amd some glue, its not that hard.
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I know this has already been answered, but just to reinforce, staining with tea/coffee will not work well at all. I've tried staining control knobs and stuff with coffee a few times for my relic-caster and even after 5 days of being submerged in coffee the color difference was non-existent.