I tried retuning my guitar last night the right way and all of the strings except the low E are tuned. When i ick the low E the meter jumps all the wat from left to right and back. it does the same thing even after I make a slight adjustment. is it just way out of tune? how hard should I be picking each string when tuning? thanks
el cheapo gear but it works
It does that cuz it doesn't know which note u want. there's gotta be an E shown in the up left corner.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
I think you might have tuned it too high, lower the string then very slowly start to tune back up again
I will give it another try tonight and my tuner is actually the chromatic CA-30 if that makes any difference in tuning. thanks
el cheapo gear but it works
Last edited by SKOOBEY at Aug 4, 2009,
Very lightly mute the other fingers as you tune. I find this helps a lot when it comes to the meter jumping on some tuners. When you pick a string, many times the other strings also vibrate a little, sometimes enough to make the meters act a little goofy. As I tune, I just lightly touch the other strings just enough to keep them from vibrating, and it usually keeps the needle from going nuts.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."