Page 1 of 3
Well, today I got my first Drafting Order (Military Service in Israel is mandatory). I have to go to the closest Military Drafting Office, in order to sign up. Problem is, I'm a Pacifist. I checked the flyer that came with the forms, and it had an Exemption for Conscience and Religious Reasons part. Well, turns out I have to be an Orthodox girl. Nothing about conscience in there. And anyway, I suspect my Military Profile (an evaluation system that helps seeing how fit for service you are) will be bumped down from the highest humanly possible 97 (which my cousin got) to about 72 or worse, because my eyesight is less than perfect and because I take psychiatric drugs (Ritalin and possibly others), meaning that I can't even do something awesome, like fly choppers. Any of you had a similar case?
/Rant
I'd be pretty thrilled if I couldn't be drafted.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
TBH, if you're on something like Ritalin, they probably won't send you into combat.
Welcome to a term of service washing up in the kitchens. I hope you enjoy having wrinkled hands.
I don't know why your location says Israel FTW!! if this is what they make you do. I'd run, **** all that ****.
Quote by metaldud536
But you're a pacifist. Why do you want to fly weapons of war?

Well there are such things as heavy duty choppers that carry all the stuff the base needs, you might have heard of them.
War! Huh! What is it a good for? Absolutely nothing! 'Cept flying choppers - Da da duh duh DUH der, da da duh duh DUH DER, DA DUH DER DA DUH!

I got one thing to say to you - CHARLIE DON'T SURF!
My uncle is Israeli and he spent most of his military service in military prison because he sucks at taking orders.
Enjoy being shot at.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by jimmyled
Well there are such things as heavy duty choppers that carry all the stuff the base needs, you might have heard of them.

You mean like guns, ammunition and explosives?
So you're fine with helping others to wage war, and maim, kill and mutilate, as long as you don't have to be in danger yourself?

Yay priciples!
Quote by MightyAl
TBH, if you're on something like Ritalin, they probably won't send you into combat.
Welcome to a term of service washing up in the kitchens. I hope you enjoy having wrinkled hands.

I know a guy in the Israeli military who was an aircraft pilot and totalled two planes before they decided that being bipolar probably was grounds for him not to be in the airforce
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
I don't know why your location says Israel FTW!! if this is what they make you do. I'd run, **** all that ****.

No, I wrote Israel FTW because, for all it's faults, I can't really live somewhere else, it's just too different.
Quote by MightyAl
You mean like guns, ammunition and explosives?
So you're fine with helping others to wage war, and maim, kill and mutilate, as long as you don't have to be in danger yourself?

Yay priciples!

Hmmm... Interesting point... OK, how about paramedic choppers or whatever they're called?
EDIT: Damn! Double post. Anyway I also suck at taking orders, so I'm ****ed.
Quote by jimmyled

Yeah, things the base needs, like bullets.

If it cheers you up, the three uncles I have on the french side of my family had interesting careers during their 1 year military service. One was a ski instructor, the other was a sailing instructor and the third was a barman. Get yerself those jobs.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I know a guy in the Israeli military who was an aircraft pilot and totalled two planes before they decided that being bipolar probably was grounds for him not to be in the airforce

Oh, well then.
Where do i get my application forms, I want a shot on a jet fighter!

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooow!
Pewpewpew!
Quote by pawnshopguitars
Do they let you in the army if you're a transvestite?

I'm pretty sure...
Quote by pawnshopguitars
Do they let you in the army if you're a transvestite?

Well, there's a lot of make-up in the army.
Quote by webbtje
Well, there's a lot of make-up in the army.

Yes, but they tend to go for the night time look...and judging by your personal text, I'm going to guess you know where I'm ripping this off from
I have absolutely no desire to fly a chopper. That **** is aggravating.

Give me a Honda Civic, I'll get you to the checkpoint.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I'm still waiting for a world where war is fought through pokemon battles.

Quote by pawnshopguitars
Yes, but they tend to go for the night time look...and judging by your personal text, I'm going to guess you know where I'm ripping this off from

Izzard who?
Last edited by webbtje at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by guybrush122
I have absolutely no desire to fly a chopper. That **** is aggravating.

Give me a Honda Civic, I'll get you to the checkpoint.

GET TO DA CHOPPA NOW!!
Last edited by \m/Angus\m/ at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by webbtje
Izzard who?

Well, quite. Some kind of male lesbian, so I hear. Anyway, I'm off to poke a badger with a spoon...
Quote by Ur all $h1t
My uncle is Israeli and he spent most of his military service in military prison because he sucks at taking orders.
Enjoy being shot at.

My dad had that same problem when he was in the Navy. Except he got into a fight with an off duty cop who tried to muscle in on his woman.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I'm moving to Canada when I'm 18.

And I'm in no condition help fight for our nation, I'm around overweight and I'm almost legally blind. I would be a total failure on the battlefield, unless they need a meat shield.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Quote by jimmyled
Oh yeah, I forgot one thing: I really don't want to cut my hair.

Pansy.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by jimmyled

The officers are going to love you.
Quote by jimmyled

Someone else will do it for you, so no worries on that score.
Quote by pawnshopguitars
Grow a Hitler 'tash. I'm sure they'd send you home.

THIS THIS THIS

DO THIS.
-Ronald Reagan

-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
THIS THIS THIS

DO THIS.

Also, when they call your name, stand, click your heels together and go "Heil myself".
Quote by pawnshopguitars
Grow a Hitler 'tash. I'm sure they'd send you home.

Lol. I can also come in dressed as an Orthodox Jew. Those sneaky ****ers don't have to do anything, from no Military Service to reduced Taxes.
I'm just gonna say this now....if the US ever goes to war with Israel, I'm sorry if I shoot you.

1st Battalion 25th Marines. OOH-RAH
Quote by vintageblackbli
I'm just gonna say this now....if the US ever goes to war with Israel, I'm sorry if I shoot you.

1st Battalion 25th Marines. OOH-RAH

They're more likely to go to war with Canada.
Page 1 of 3