Page 1 of 2
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/115736/Sin-bins-for-worst-families

The Children’s Secretary set out £400million plans to put 20,000 problem families under 24-hour CCTV super-vision in their own homes.

They will be monitored to ensure that children attend school, go to bed on time and eat proper meals.

Private security guards will also be sent round to carry out home checks, while parents will be given help to combat drug and alcohol addiction.

Around 2,000 families have gone through these Family Intervention Projects so far.

Thoughts?

Edit: Since it's been made abundantly clear that this is not a reliable enough source, discuss the idea of putting cameras into people's houses who are a "problem." Is it ethical? Does it lead to further questions of privacy for the rest of us? etc. etc.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Aug 4, 2009,
Since it's the Daily Express, I can only wonder how they managed to avoid mentioning Princess Di in that article.
Note that it says PROBLEM FAMILIES.

You know, the kind with the burnt out car on the front lawn, the mother (14) yelling obscenities at passer-bys whilst swigging down Special Brew, whilst the dear husband (32) beats people for daring to walk past and look.

I'm all for it, but then again, for families that fall into this category, I'm all for deportation to Fire Island.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Find me an article from a real source and I'll believe it.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Not fucking cool.

Put the money into improving bloody social services rather than filming people all the time.

Also, what duncang said.
Quote by MightyAl
Since it's the Daily Express, I can only wonder how they managed to avoid mentioning Princess Di in that article.

this

Quote by metacarpi

You know, the kind with the burnt out car on the front lawn, the mother (14) yelling obscenities at passer-bys whilst swigging down Special Brew, whilst the dear husband (32) beats people for daring to walk past and look.

I'm all for it, but then again, for families that fall into this category, I'm all for deportation to Fire Island.

this

Quote by duncang

this

Quote by Bassist1992
I would fap on the cameras.

and this
You know that they also have these people who can take away children from problem families and the government takes them for themselves.

IT'S JUST LIKE 1984 LOLOLOL.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
You know that they also have these people who can take away children from problem families and the government takes them for themselves.

Quote by GLP_Arclite

"1984 is so ingrained into my psyche that this was the first thing I thought of when I read this."

I just wonder....who would pay for all that?
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Unfortunatly, the people with those powers are quite often dumber than your average Pitmonkey, and seriously overworked on top of that.
So, rather than employ more social workers, they just want to put CCTV cameras in the houses where mothers let their 16-year-old daughters do whatever they like.

Where can I get a job 'reviewing' the footage?
Quote by duncang

This would be so much easier if the UK's ratio of decent reporting to speculative gossip weren't 1:5.

Edit: So, for the purposes of this thread, discuss the idea of putting cameras into the homes of families with "problems."
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Im starting to think i should read that book. Its probably going to come in handy in the next few decades. Same with the Zombie Survival Guide...
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Zolom
Im starting to think i should read that book. Its probably going to come in handy in the next few decades. Same with the Zombie Survival Guide...

1984 and The Zombie Survival Guide....

Truly two of the worlds greatest literary works.
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi

Indeed.

It's the sort of people who should be shot through the head before they start producing kids.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

The book has children ratting out their parents, who then get taken away. Not the otherway round ...
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by CoreysMonster
this

this

this

and this

Anyway, I'm not sure it's true, but if it is, that's all my panic attacks coming true!
I reckon they should put cameras inside hot teenage girl's bedrooms and have them hooked up to my PC instead.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by metacarpi

Aw come on, you forgot the accompanying literature to twilight: "Vampires - why they sparkle" and some other book I picked up called "The Jonas Brothers have sex with the headless corpse of a virgin astronaut"
The Zombie survival guide is going to be very useful....but unfortunately Orwell was right, there's no escaping Big Brother
Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment. Invite only. . .
Quote by metacarpi

I like the cut of your jib.
and
CAREFUL NOW

Quote by Karvid
This would be so much easier if the UK's ratio of decent reporting to speculative gossip weren't 5:1.

Edit: So, for the purposes of this thread, discuss the idea of putting cameras into the homes of families with "problems."

You mean 1:5?
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Zolom
I like the cut of your jib.

Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi

This is why I hate admitting I sail........

So does anybody know if this was confirmed?
Get a Carvin. Do it.
As you were soldier.

and
CAREFUL NOW

Quote by Zolom
As you were soldier.

Sailor.
Seriously, proper military types would be shocked to see you're confusing them with a bunch of seamen.
Quote by Zolom
As you were soldier.

Chief, that there deaf and disabled man with the umbrella looks mighty suspicious...
Quote by CoreysMonster
Chief, that there deaf and disabled man with the umbrella looks mighty suspicious...

*image of the hunter dudes from South Park*
He's coming right for us!
Quote by CoreysMonster

Lets see if he can do a good Rodney King impression!
and
CAREFUL NOW

Quote by Zolom

Lets see if he can do a good Rodney King impression!

You know, if you play the Rodney King tapes backwards, it looks like the cops are helping him to his feet. Played forwards, of course, they're just really funny.
And if you watch Schindlers List backwards its about a man who builds a machine that grows Jews and releases them into the wild!
and
CAREFUL NOW

Quote by Zolom
And if you watch Schindlers List backwards its about a man who builds a machine that grows Jews and releases them into the wild!

Good stuff.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by Laces Out Danny
"1984 is so ingrained into my psyche that this was the first thing I thought of when I read this."

I just wonder....who would pay for all that?

Oh, you know the British government by now - who do you think's gonna pay? It's not like an MP can put "big brother house" on expenses, is it?
And I honestly am not a fan of this. Reliability of the source or not, the idea of it isn't good. If it is true, then the nanny state's put another jumper on us
. Besides, you think the Express is bad, I'm lumped with having to read the Daily Mail, you have no right to complain!
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
When this article is published in The Times, I'll take notice.

I hate how the government now decide to use cameras as a cheap stop-gap instead of getting more people to do their jobs. Policemen on the street are replaced with cameras, or cheap-as-chips Community Support officers, and now Social Workers are getting replaced by a stack of cameras.

Do you think this may have something to do with the Social Worker fiasco over Baby P? Maybe it's their way of trying to solve the problem of social workers not regisering domestic abuse properly. The solution there is train the better and send them round to the "problem" families more often; not stick in a handful of cameras.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Page 1 of 2