before anyone says I KNOW- accuracy, and speed will come naturally...

im just wandering what kind of exercises i can do, lately ive been learning the major/minor scales and working with those but i was wondering if anyone has any particular or favourite exercises to practice with?
Do the 21 Day Challenge!

Play some song you like ACCURATELY and slowly increase Speed

thats how you gain speed. really.

Or you can go all wahwahweeeee on your fretboard like Herman Li but sound ****ty.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Eugene's Trick Bag - Steve Vai, and no, I'm not kidding. Try alternate picking the whole intro up to speed. I'm at around 104 bpm right now (he plays it at 114 or so) and I've gotta say, no other song I've tried to learn has improved my playing in so many other areas.
Quote by Dawnwalker
Do the 21 Day Challenge!

Play some song you like ACCURATELY and slowly increase Speed

thats how you gain speed. really.

I have to agree with this, if you go straight for speed then you will lose your accuracy.
Practice various techniques like alternate picking, sweep picking, legato, tapping, string skipping....use a metronome, and make sure you're playing the exercises cleanly.
Quote by mattvl
Eugene's Trick Bag - Steve Vai, and no, I'm not kidding. Try alternate picking the whole intro up to speed. I'm at around 104 bpm right now (he plays it at 114 or so) and I've gotta say, no other song I've tried to learn has improved my playing in so many other areas.

Ha! Its funny 'cos its true!

I believe this really would improve your playing, anyones playing. Seriously.
Try get your hand on John Petrucci´s Rock Discipline
its awesome.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by mattvl

really...? ive only been playing about 4 months though ( i think i should have put that in the opening post)
Speed and accuracy doesnt come naturally, you have to work at it to get it. Once you learned your major and minor scales and know them by heart, move on to something else and master that technique, than once that is mastered move on to something else. Alwayse keep learning, but dont start learning alot of things at one time, ythat way your brain will not be able to absorbe all of the information.

So learn a little bite at a time.