Currently i own a Yamaha RBX170, which i have done so for around 18-19 months. Now ive started gigging, i feel that i need a replacement. Also, it just doesnt seem to hold up as much anymore to what it was. I still plan on keeping it as backup.
Anyway, i primarily play punk by myself but in the bands i play Punk, Indie, Alternative and Pop-Punk. My budget is around £400-£700 but at push i could go as far as £800.
I have looked at Fenders and ive seen one that ive always wanted but its just a little outside of my price range http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Fender-American-Standard-Precision-Bass---MN~ID~8276.asp.
So any recommendations that would fit what ive asked would be a great help but any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,
KieronC07

EDIT: Forgot to mention: No Jazzes or Squiers.
Last edited by KieronC07 at Aug 4, 2009,
I dont gig yet man but playing with my buddies and i play punk i bought the Shecter Model T and i love it it has a warm tone or really twang noise if you want it to its amazing easy to play if you like the P-Bass this would be perfect its a little cheaper i dont know the exact price because i bought it used but it is easy to hear through the rest of the band. Also it gives you like i said the ability to make ot warm and nice for early punk/rock or the "bite" for the newer stuff...IDK try it out for yourself man the Pbass is always a good choice and if u need to buy it used itll give you that worn playing look and its a fender so you know itll last.
Good Luck man
You might want to try out a Fender P Bass Special, I got one & love it, you could also have a look at an Ibanez SR in your price range, or an ATK, maybe even an Iceman would be your cup of tea (damn, I want one lol) or maybe a Dean (in that price range, I'd look into either an Edge Pro, or Sledgehammer)
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Im liking the Scheter Model T and Ibanez Iceman from what ive seen and heard online, ill have a look at those and the P Bass Special as well. Id definatly get the P Bass Special if i could get it exactly like the one in my OP (by this i mean Maple neck and the overall colours).

KieronC07
Quote by KieronC07
Thanks for the suggestions so far. Im liking the Scheter Model T and Ibanez Iceman from what ive seen and heard online, ill have a look at those and the P Bass Special as well. Id definatly get the P Bass Special if i could get it exactly like the one in my OP (by this i mean Maple neck and the overall colours).

KieronC07

http://www.fender.co.uk/products//search.php?partno=0135762355

(hope that link works) the only thing would be you'd have to get a new pickguard, because they all come with an ugly gold one stock.
Deliriumbassist;
thanks for the advice on Iceman....ill put that in the maybe pile for now.

higgins666;
The P-bass is something ive always wanted and im being seriously tempted by the link. Can i order straight from the website or do you know of anywhere i can order them from?

KieronC07
Quote by KieronC07
Deliriumbassist;
thanks for the advice on Iceman....ill put that in the maybe pile for now.

higgins666;
The P-bass is something ive always wanted and im being seriously tempted by the link. Can i order straight from the website or do you know of anywhere i can order them from?

KieronC07

Well, you can order them from GAK (although, chances are you'll be waiting about 60000 years for it), I think that Dolphin Music might have them in stock (they're good to deal with & The Bass Centre might have one in, you could go to your local guitar shop & have them order you one in, but that might take a couple of weeks, depending on suply & what not
Go for a American Standard P Bass and buy used if you can.
Quote by DempseyPunk
I thought i saw jesus doing the same thing. He wasnt disguised as a hobo though, he just looked like jesus. He asked me for about tree fiddy. Then it hit me. It wasnt no jesus, it was that god dam loch ness monster.