Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
Overall I prefer the peavey.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
5150 fo sho
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
- Ibanez RG7321 *Dimarzio D Activators*
- Jackson Dk 2 Dinky Transparent Red
- ENGL Powerball
- ENGL E412 SS
- Line 6 Pod Studio GX
- Ibanez TS9
- Boss NS2
this cant be serious...

in the off chance that it is....if ur just starting out and u want a variety of sounds, get the vypyr. if u know what ur looking for and the 5150 is it, get it. i just got the 6505 myself (same thing exactly) and its amazing. u can get a crap load of great metal/rock tones out of it, but it has no onboard effects if u want that instead of a bunch of pedals.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
theyre both nice amps and it really just comes down to what your ears like. i would say the 5150 personally but thats just me. and sound aside, im pretty sure the 5150 is gonna have better quality control in manufacturing and would be physically tougher and more reliable. and youre gonna want to make sure the volume levels you want are within the range of what amps with that much juice under the hood can deliver. those amps are pretty much gonna go from nothing to pissin off your roomates/family when you go from zero to one.
Last edited by MichaelOfCanton at Aug 4, 2009,
5150 easy
if you want effects, buy some boss stompbox's or a boss multi fx, line 6's sound so computerised and processed, and not natural :/
Equipment

GUITARS
Jackson RX10D
Ibanez GAX30
Ninja Strat Copy

AMPS
Laney LX120Twin Extreme
Fender Frontman 15W

Effects
Boss ME-20 Multi Effects Board
hhmm, the draw is pretty close, but it looks like the Line 6 is the clear winner.

Unfortunately havent had the chance to try the 5150, rather hard to find in Greece, at least near where I live
If you wanted a 212, I would say go with the 5150, hands down.

Vypyr 60 if you are more of a bedroom/house player.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You know what? We ARE convincing him to buy an MG Stack. I mean, who wouldn't want the CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, BRUTAL DISTORTION, BRUTALLY CRUSHING OVERDRIVE, and CRUSHINGLY BRUTAL DISTORTION, with built in digital effects!?
Well what the hell music do you play? If you're a straight up metalhead, get the 5150. Raw power. Great tones. Has balls

I would think the spidervalve and vypyr are a lot more versatile in different tones. I think the vypyr is unreliable, and unfortunately have never had the chance to try a spider valve.
Quote by stellaras
so the 5150
but if i cant find it whats the second option:?

if u want something, dont settle for something else cause ur impatient. check ebay and local ads everyday. i had to for about a week or 2, but its so worth it when u get what u wanted.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Get the Vypyr, screw a piece of plywood on the back. I've heard it's 5150 model is spot on. The Spider Valve and the Vypyr will be way more versatile then the 5150. If you're more focused on a specific tone, the 5150 might be better.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
All great amps for what you pay, but the 5150 has the best sound. I own the Spider Valve 112 and its a really good amp, especially if your too broke to buy lots of effects and you want to mess around with them. Soundwise, the 5150 sounds better, but the Valve can do a lot more.

Also, I hope your playing in a basement/gonna be doing shows, otherwise those amps will be too much power. My Spider Valve 112 is too much power for bedroom playing, even jamming with a drummer I've never turned it up past halfway.

If your just going to be playing at home, the vyper is probably one of the best SS amps you can find.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
Last edited by David_Bowie=GOD at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by STABxYOU
Get the Vypyr, screw a piece of plywood on the back. I've heard it's 5150 model is spot on. The Spider Valve and the Vypyr will be way more versatile then the 5150. If you're more focused on a specific tone, the 5150 might be better.

You heard wrong. I don't think the 5150/6505 model sounds spot on compared to the real thing (Granted this is out of the 15 watt vypyr comparing it to the 120w tube head haha). Actually, I hate the 6505 setting on that amp. Sounds like complete garbage imo... I can't say anything for the higher watt versions though.

But everything else I agree with. Well said. The others will be more versatile than the 5150. And I kinda see that amp as a purely metal amp, so maybe there are better choices for classic and hard rock?
Quote by MetalHead916
You heard wrong. I don't think the 5150/6505 model sounds spot on compared to the real thing (Granted this is out of the 15 watt vypyr comparing it to the 120w tube head haha). Actually, I hate the 6505 setting on that amp. Sounds like complete garbage imo... I can't say anything for the higher watt versions though.

But everything else I agree with. Well said. The others will be more versatile than the 5150. And I kinda see that amp as a purely metal amp, so maybe there are better choices for classic and hard rock?

I've heard it about the 60 and 120. I've never played one, so I don't know. And I'd imagine with the back open it would be muddier/looser sounding then a real 5150.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by MetalHead916

Th 6505 on the vypyr 60W tube sounds dead on to me(the one he is looking at)
Quote by stellaras
dont know u know if there are better

No, I don't play classic rock so I wouldn't know an amp that suits that. I have one strictly for metal and that's my 5150. I use the vypyr to make all sorts of weird sounds...sorry
Quote by darkcheef

Oh my bad guys , my dumbass didn't notice that was the model he was looking at. Yeah, I have no experience with that model so I couldn't say, but I'm sure the tube version would be craploads better than the 15watter I'm comparing to

No wonder I was like WTF.
Quote by stellaras
SO the 5051 isnt the best option?

What I think you need is a versatile amp, and the 5150 isn't the best option for that. The vypyr will have tons of effects and amp models on it, and by what was said above, the 6505 settings is close enough to the real thing.

So maybe the vypyr is a good choice for you. Makes me wanna hit up GC and try one out soon.
Quote by darkcheef

Not to me. Not even close.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
If you got the 5150, you could still buy one of those Line 6 stompboxes with all of the effects built in.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
if you're playing a wide variety of music like im pretty sure i saw you post earlier then i'd lean towards the Vypyr or Spider Valve!
When it comes down to two amps (Line 6 Valve and Peavey 5150) that are, arguably, equally good, it's just a matter of what your ears are telling you. Be really honest with yourself when listening to them. Don't accept anything less than the best.
Quote by xxunder-takerxx
this cant be serious...

in the off chance that it is....if ur just starting out and u want a variety of sounds, get the vypyr. if u know what ur looking for and the 5150 is it, get it. i just got the 6505 myself (same thing exactly) and its amazing. u can get a crap load of great metal/rock tones out of it, but it has no onboard effects if u want that instead of a bunch of pedals.

5150 is ridiculously versatile, I used to play metal when I got mine, now I play ska and reggae and it fits me perfectly.
Dickless.
so if i want to play rock hard rock metal or even blues can i do it with the 5150 re should i buy the valve ore vypyr
Which is the most versatile and which has the best hard rock tone and which best clean
Page 1 of 2