Basically, I wanna learn Black dog, its an awesome song, got a nice Les Paul and thei crappy Roland Microcube. Well, its not crap, most of the settings are good, the metal one is superb but the classic stack is really muddy. is their a way I can get a black dog kind of tone with it? It doesn't really have much in the way of an EQ system.. This is what I've got to work with..

A Gain Knob
A Tone Knob
Effects:Chorus, Flanger, Phaser Tremelo (Only choose one)
Delay and Reverb(Only choose one)

I'm thinking classic stack would be a good setting, seeingas yknow, classick rock and all that but what then?
if it has a marshall plexi model, choose that. scoop the mids of whatever EQ you do have and add some reverb. Also you might want to add a little bit of treble
Last edited by kurtebirdi at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by kurtebirdi
if it has a marshall plexi model, choose that. scoop the mids of whatever EQ you do have and add some reverb.

What I've listed is literally all thisamp has got. I realise I'm not gong to get the exact tone but something near it would be nice, but I have a crap ear
then a good bit of tone and reverb, as for gain you can just start turning it up from 0 till you get what you want
If your trying to get the album tone your never gonna get it with any set up. On the album he ran straight into a mixer where it was distorted, compressed and whatever else they did then triple tracked to make it so thick. The classic stack setting is what you would probably want to use for something like zep for just practicing.
look on the ultimate settings thread for EQ ideas
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.