Page 1 of 2
Firstly, I'll start with the backstory- forgive me as the details are a little hazy.

When younger, I was invited to go and see a 'premiere' of the first HP film. It wasn't 'the' premiere but I believe it might have been the first openening to the public. Regardless, it was held in London and there was lots of commotion with heavy Warner Bros. intervention.

Before the film started, there was a huge quiz- a high up member of Warner Bros. gave out prizes and I was lucky enough to get one. It was one of the original Golden Snitches they used in the first film.

It came in an extremely authentic looking box and from all I can tell- yes, this just might be an original. The guy that gave me the prize said it would pay for a wedding later on down the line dependent on how successful the HP films were.

I was wondering what happens now? It must be around 9 years since I've had it and it literally sets away in a cupboard. Could anyone give me advice? Prehaps a valuation?

I would be prepared to post pictures if this gathers enough interest. Also, any more details needed I will happily give.

Please, post your thoughts etc.

Edit: PICS BELOW.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Last edited by hellbound_jonny at Aug 4, 2009,
1 Open the snitch
2 Find Drugs
3 ???????????
4 Profit

I don't know anybody that would pay for a snitch that was used in HP.....
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by 5150_X
Pics, just because I want to see.

Joined today, and already knows how it works.

Pics or GTFO.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Sounds like you went to a preview screening.

Don't ask the pit for treasure quotes, ask dealers.

note : not drug dealers
It might very well have been a preview. I'm not exactly looking for an accurate valuation though.

I really just want thoughts as to whether or not it's real/ valuable.

And NO www.cashforgold.co.uk, I hate those adverts!
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
That's worth thousands of dollars, I'm sure. But without a certificate of authenticity or anything...
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Tell it that you are going to die and see what happens. Maybe there's money in it. He did say it would pay for a wedding, but he didn't say how.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by hellbound_jonny
It might very well have been a preview. I'm not exactly looking for an accurate valuation though.

I really just want thoughts as to whether or not it's real/ valuable.

And NO www.cashforgold.co.uk, I hate those adverts!

Sorry, but how the hell do you expect the Pit to know?

Maybe you could contact a member of Warner Bros or something about it?

Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
That's worth thousands of dollars, I'm sure. But without a certificate of authenticity or anything...

If it's still in it's original box and TS contacts the right people they could probably verify it. And once it's verified, you're quids in, TS.

I would wait until all the movies have been released, though, because then you'll be sure no more 'authentic' snitches will be made.
you want a valuation? thats what eBay is for!
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
whatever you do dont open it.. it may be a real one

but seriously.. who would buy a golden snitch? only some crazy fans and i dont think they will pay more than 100 euros since they dont know if its a genuine one.

just post pics pl0x

EDIT: got ur answer right here! http://www.anytimecostumes.com/ecommerce/control/product/~product_id=00353545
also take a look at the additional information
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Last edited by Gryphon999 at Aug 4, 2009,
You could increase it's value by making a video of you rubbing your balls on it.
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Find a crazy enough collector of movie props, or a crazy enough Harry Potter fan and you could get anywheres from a few hundred to a couple thousands.... Personally, I'd put it up on Kijiji or eBay or something just to see how much people are willing to bid now, but I'd hold on to it for a few years yet anyway.
search on eBay to see if there's anything similar for sale.. if there is, look at the prices there going for (simple by "watching this item") and then, If it makes a lot put it up yourself

If there's nothing on eBay I think you should put it up for sale with an incredibly high reserve. If it goes below this, great, you don't have to sell it.. and you can look at that price and see if you're satisfied with it. If it goes for a price above that reserve then that's even better. You've made nothing but profit and you can pass it on.

I reckon you will get a lot of interest in something like this, I wouldn't buy it, but there always a bunch of stupid people with money in there pockets willing to buy this shizz.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by diminishedtobme
The snitches were computer generated for the movie...

Well done, genius.
Quote by jgbsmith
Joined today, and already knows how it works.

Only because he has about 15 other accounts.

I'm interested in seeing pics and I don't even like Harry Potter.
Quote by diminishedtobme

You're right, they were.

This does not necessarily mean there were no props. In fact, I'm quite sure Warner Bros. would create original, solid copies anyway.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Quote by diminishedtobme
Thanks, no ones ever said that to me.

Is this a case of double sarcasm?

^ exactly TS.
Quote by hellbound_jonny
You're right, they were.

This does not necessarily mean there were no props. In fact, I'm quite sure Warner Bros. would create original, solid copies anyway.

Yeah, like when he holds it up after catching it.

Eww, could've been in Radcliffe's gob.

ಠ_ಠ

wat

Quote by diminishedtobme

Maybe the times when he was actually holding it, it was real. I dunno.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Last edited by dubstar92 at Aug 4, 2009,
i'd actually be quite interested in something like that. i'll give you $3!!!
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
You do not have a snitch until you post pics.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
so what you're saying is that, after getting out of the water naked with 5+ guys, you thought that once the girls were around you had better get some clothes on?

Quote by dubstar92
Maybe the times when he was actually holding it, it was real. I dunno.

exactly, the ones that were flying were the computer generated ones
Quote by deluxity
exactly, the ones that were flying were the computer generated ones

Yeah, they have to be, or else we'd have real snitches. Just the parts where he would hold it.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
He meant you're never going to get married, so it's going to be worth nothing...
I play guitar like a pirate with two hooks....so...uh...just call me Meathook! Yar!
pics dammit
save the mudkipz
Quote by gir vs wild
i would rather have my balls covered in peanut butter and severed slowly with a rusty chainsaw then be siggd

Sorry for the poor quality, I had trouble getting an actual camera.

There is definitely some kind of hallmark on the underside of the Snitch.
MAN CITY

De Montfort Uni
Like I say, maybe contact Warner Bros. or something about it. They should have some kind of archive of what's been made, etc, and they could probably verify it if it's genuine.
Woah thats pretty neat!
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Page 1 of 2