Hey, I'm a sophomore, I weigh around 250, and as of now I have a spot on varsity, and there is no way in hell I'm losing it. My question is, when you're out on the field conditioning and feel like you're about to die, what do you tell yourself to keep going? What is it that helps you not give up?
Epiphone G-400
Roland Cube 30X
I'm a junior and I weigh around 145. But I do a lot of long distance running and the thing that keeps me going is taking my mind of the actual exercise in favor for something more pleasant. Think about that special girl or just keep thinking about how you're going to cream the opposing team in the State championships if you keep going.
i always say its this or the ****ing streets

an i dnt know about you but id sure as hell rather be playing football than living on the streets(this advice is also for if you plan going pro )
I've tried thinking about sex but since I have no libido while i'm running it really doesn't help.
Just keep telling yourself that you won't die because you prolly won't.
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
Quote by DieGarbageMan
I think of how a better body shape is more attractive to women
- when i'm jogging and that

that's a great thing to think..

and It's more the feeling afterwards that helps me get through it. And when I do work out it is the idea of being ripped, being able to win a fight, or look good for girls that keeps me going..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
that's a great thing to think..

and It's more the feeling afterwards that helps me get through it. And when I do work out it is the idea of being ripped, being able to win a fight, or look good for girls that keeps me going..

Why do people always assume being ripped will help you win a fight? I don't lift weights, but I have wrestled against 3 of my friends (all who lift weights, one is especially jacked) and I've never lost to them.

And all the fights I've gotten in with somebody who lifts/exercises a lot, I kicked the **** out of them.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
don't think about anything, just concentrate on breathing. Or, just tell yourself "one more, one more" each time.
What I usually do, since im 2nd string, is use that as motivation to run harder and work more than the 1
Quote by JacobLampman
Why do people always assume being ripped will help you win a fight? I don't lift weights, but I have wrestled against 3 of my friends (all who lift weights, one is especially jacked) and I've never lost to them.

And all the fights I've gotten in with somebody who lifts/exercises a lot, I kicked the **** out of them.

strangely enough, ive found that lifting weights hasn't really made much of a difference when im in a fight, but i couldn't really tell cos i havent lost a fight in years.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Quote by JacobLampman

hardass
Quote by munkymanmatt
strangely enough, ive found that lifting weights hasn't really made much of a difference when im in a fight, but i couldn't really tell cos i havent lost a fight in years.

Quote by burrit0
hardass

Is that a complement or an insult?
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
I tell myself advice that my cricket coach (ex England Player Monte Lynch) told me. We do it because we're idiots. We love hurting ourselves and making fools of ourselves. I dunno why but it makes me feel like we're all doing it and we stick together driving ourselves through the pain barrier. It sounds weird but it works for me.
Its really how hard you want it, I just thought about some songs or friday night when all the people are in the stands and they paid money to come watch you and your friends play the best sport ever lolz.

See this, I weighted (still do) about 190-200 pounds, and I played offensive line (right tackle) and I did my damn job blocking 250+ pounders. That takes alot of want. But I could squat 650 on the squat machine (no free weight) and could less press the whole machine (i think ours went to like 720) but could only bench press like 220.

Football is a perserverance sport (just liking learning and playing guitar)
I always tell myself "Dammit they gave this sport the wrong name - it's clearly not a football. The europeans we're on the ball there" and the anger sustains me.