Hey im having a problem that goes like this. I can sing clear like a three doors down or nickelback style. I can also do really heavy screamo like deathmetal style. But i really want to learn to mix the two like a foo fighters or ac/dc style of heavy/ raspy singing, but whenever i try to rasp my voice just a little bit it gets way to distorted. Anyone have any suggestions?

Btw i already tried the singing thread and no one is answering so i thought mabey i could get a more direct answer here.
z4twenny's audio tutorial. Plus if memory serves there's already a bit on the first page of the singing thread about how to do that kinda stuff
^ actually i think on the first page is says "dont ask about screaming it'll screw up your voice" then i think somebody linked my tutorial later on (maybe that was the old singing thread, i cant remember)
actually believe it or not i have already seen (heard) your tutorial, it actually helped alot thanks =D Think like the bridge in Monkey Wrench or the chorus of The Pretender (both by Foo Fighters. My problem is that i cant sing with an edge. I can scream, i can sing, but i cant mix the two together i guess is a better way of putting it.
Quote by kibatsume
actually believe it or not i have already seen (heard) your tutorial, it actually helped alot thanks =D Think like the bridge in Monkey Wrench or the chorus of The Pretender (both by Foo Fighters. My problem is that i cant sing with an edge. I can scream, i can sing, but i cant mix the two together i guess is a better way of putting it.

You might want to consider working with what you have naturally, and developing your own thing. then maybe someday someone will want to copy you.
shred is gaudy music
I suppose so. The reason i wanted to learn how to is because my band is covering Monkey Wrench and the bridge just doesnt have the same energy when sung instead of screamed. But i guess we'll just either drop it if i can't figure it out or just deal with it being sung. Thanks for all the advise guys.