Why does my high e string keep breaking. I know its pretty common but I just bought my string last week and it broke for the 5th time. I don't know if I'm bending too hard or anything but how do I stop this?
Heavier strings and re-string it correctly. Where is it breaking at?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
If I use heavy strings does that mean I can bend less? I'm looking for light and easy to bend strings. And all strings broke during bending. I'm also using a pick by Act One.
Last edited by Jpboy1994 at Aug 4, 2009,
Like I said, where is it breaking at?
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Like I said, where is it breaking at?

Yea, we need to know. If its at the bridge then you probably have a rough saddle that is wearing the string to the breaking point.
If the breaking is near the bridge, you've got yourself a sharp spot in your bridge. Take very, very light sandpaper, and wipe down the part where the string comes in contact with the bridge.
Quote by Jpboy1994
I don't know if I'm bending too hard or anything

how far are you bending and is it snapping when you are bending/releasing , because if its snapping during a bend or when you release then yes you are bending to far/hard. have you restung it properly and yer it might have something to do with you pick.

edit :damn my slow typing, what size is the pick small , medium large, XL, or 0.whatever
Gear :
strat copy (SD Hotrails in bridge, Lil' 59 in Neck)
Orange Dual Terror
Orange PPC112
Pitchblack/SHO Clone/Morley PWA wah
Last edited by blenk at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by blenk
how far are you bending and is it snapping when you are bending/releasing , because if its snapping during a bend or when you release then yes you are bending to far/hard. have you restung it properly and yer it might have something to do with you pick

Do you know how hard it is to break a string by bending it? Go ahead and try. Its not that. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the pick.
Last edited by Matt420740 at Aug 4, 2009,
All I know is that it broke when I did a full bend with four of my fingers on around the 12th fret. Thats where the two parts of the string is broken
Quote by Blue_Strat_06
stop buying ****ty strings

I rarely see strings break because they are "****ty". If anything I only broke strings because they were very worn out or my strumming was too hard. I took out an A string this way in under ten minutes of restringing my guitar, That was a while back though.

OP, We need to know where it is breaking. Also, What kind of a guitar do you have and how are the tuners? Do they have backlash?

Edit: OK, Maybe the frets on your guitar weren't filed down properly. How far did you bend the High E though?
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Aug 4, 2009,
buy decent Strings.

D´addarios .13 wont break for years, promise.

Or a new Nut that isnt made from a String cutting material?

edit:****ty strings DO break easily
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Also, just check that your string the guitar the right way, like your turning the tuner the right way. I was wondering why my high E was snapping, and that was it.

EDIT: And that was snapping at the bridge as well. Just to say.
Cam Sampbell's my hero