I would prefer a good 3 band or a 12 band, to a 7 band anyday.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
I would prefer a good 3 band or a 12 band, to a 7 band anyday.

How come?
Quote by bodyheatseeker
That is simultaneously brilliant and obscene. I honestly don't know if I despise, or admire you.

Quote by Scutchington
If I had room, I would sig that entire post.

basschat.co.uk
A good 3 band can do what you want simply, youve got your lows, mids and highs all rolled into one, and its good and useful and simple. I personally find the 7 band a bit lacing, its got more but not enough for what it should have, thats why i would prefer a 12band as it gives you a nice big range.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
I'd go for the MXR M-80 bass D.I., it's great and it has distortion on it, it's my must have pedal, for all the time.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Last edited by sammcl-15 at Aug 4, 2009,
If you're just looking for a tone shaping pedal, the boss will be much better, as it is cheaper and has several bands of eq to adjust. If you're looking for a DI, I think you'd be better off with MXR's M80 or a Sansamp bass driver, as they both have a few more features, namely distortion/overdrive, that this pedal lacks. This thing really seems too expensive for what it is.
"Life is like a swimming pool, the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get."
Besides, I already own a distortion pedal.
I think i'm gonna go with the Boss.
Thanks everyone
Quote by sammcl-15
I'd go for the MXR M-80 bass D.I., it's great and it has distortion on it, it's my must have pedal, for all the time.

I second this motion.

I own one of these, and while the distortion is not great, the EQ is pretty swell.

There is also a noise gate built into the distortion channel, so what I do is turn the distortion all the way down and the "trigger" all the way up so the distortion channel is solely a noise gate. works well.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
I second this motion.

I own one of these, and while the distortion is not great, the EQ is pretty swell.

There is also a noise gate built into the distortion channel, so what I do is turn the distortion all the way down and the "trigger" all the way up so the distortion channel is solely a noise gate. works well.

Actually I love the distortion on it, I use it as my main distortion.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.