Hey Guys,
I can sweep at around 120 bpm, but I've been stuck at that speed for ages (3 months), and i can't seem to get any faster, any ideas?
meh.
Why do you want to get faster? Find a song that has faster sweeps. Practice slowly. Increase speed until you can play the song. Or write your own. Or something. But why go fast for the sake of going fast?
I need to get faster because one of my band's solos requires a three string sweep at around 220 bpm
meh.
don't be like studioforce and write music that you can't play live...

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Hey Guys,
I've been stuck at that speed for ages (3 months)QUOTE]

3 months isn't ages when it comes to gaining speed. It takes longer than that to get up to a high speed no matter what technique it is.

Just keep working at it...eventually you will get faster.
Quote by NightEmbers
three string is the easiest just pick it out if you have to

Or if you really have to just play the arpeggio without picking it and mute the strings behind where you are playing with your right hand. I start out alot of sweep arpeggios that way until I get the fingering down, then add in the picking hand to sync everything up.

Similar to this:http://
Quote by MarkFuller
I need to get faster because one of my band's solos requires a three string sweep at around 220 bpm

Why the hell did you choose to have it that fast when you can only play it cleanly at 120bpm?
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
LOL what's the point in writing songs you can't play?
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
A three string sweep with WHAT at 220 bpm? Quarters? Whole notes? Sixteenth notes? Thirty-second note triplets?
Quote by MarkFuller

Why does it "require" it? Is it a cover?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
holy crap that's slow lol. if you're actually 'stuck' at a certain speed, it might be that one of your hands is holding back the other. I never really worked on them (3 strings, I'm guessing you mean 16th notes), and at first to my surprise it was that my left hand was holding me back, but I was able to get them over 200. I read this lesson http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/lessons/guitar_techniques/finger_strength_and_speed_building.html And my sweeping went up by about 50%. You kinda need more than that, but do those exercises and see where you are.