I need new Pups for my WRMG since my former lead Guitarist for my Gothic metal band poured half bottle of beer on them. I was thinking keeping the guitar for a active pup setup.

But I decide on keeping them the EMG 81/85 combo or SD AHB-1 Blackouts /AHB-2 Blackouts Metal.

My Current amp is a Randall V2 Ninja With Bogner Uberkabs.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
The only reason i still have the WRMG is that cop (vocalist) was there and saw the whole thing happening and called his buddies to arrest him for vandalism.
ESP Vintage 4
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

id pour beer over stuff too if i had to be in a gothic metal band. i kid.

but really, EMG's are where it is that. there is a reason ever metal band in the world uses those things. i think slipknot uses blackouts, thats a good enough reason to not get blackouts right there.
Hmm I was thinking of getting the Emg 81/85 combo with AB afterburner switch since i could really use some gain in my setup but i heard the SD AHB-2 Blackouts metal sound better for Gothic metal though.
ESP Vintage 4
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Nevermind the gear, tell the whole story.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
EMG81+60 or HA or H might work better for gothic metal, at least, I'm assuming you use and need decent cleans. Not that 85s can't do cleans, just that the others will all do them better.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Hmm i do cleans now that i think about since i do play some slow songs for the dark atmosphere that my band has.
ESP Vintage 4
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Yeah, well, gothic metal = goth + metal. So, to get your Bauhaus on, you need the cleans, and for your Anathema worship, you need the distortion.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
daaaaaammnnnn, bitch, you spilled beer on maa pups!! *slap*

EMG 81/60 or 89/60 are nice. Although, I'd personally prefer a Blackout set.

You could look into smaller companies that produce passive pickups, such as Bareknuckles. That would be the place to go, in my eyes.
you should try some passives like bareknuckles. you will never look back trust me.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I have the blackouts and they're sick... But see if you can try out a guitar with the same wood as yours with both pups before you buy
Quote by wolvenrick
I think black doom death metal is just plain stupid. go flame on me but i can't hear nothing but shit on those songs with everything in drop A or below. also it could've been without lyrics as you'd never hear them anyway.
The WRMG is the only guitar i have that has Active Pups so i want to keep it like that since the of the guitars i own are passive pup equipped.
ESP Vintage 4
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

81/60 is probably the better balance for you.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Personally, I like the EMG sound and it's a damn nice one. It's a nice difference from the passives you already have. While you do play gothic metal ( which I have not clue about ) do you need a clean sound? If so go for the 81 60 combo. I think the 60 does better cleans. If not go for the 81 bridge and 81 or 85 neck. The 85 in the neck will be a bit smoother while the 81 will allow a more overdriven signal.

That's just me .
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
yikes! was his name Dave Mustaine?
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
I was thinking of getting the 60 instead of the 85 since my male vocalist is now the lead/rhythm guitarist his guitar is equipped with the 85 in the neck of his RR1T.

In other words he can't play clean songs or melodies with the 85.
ESP Vintage 4
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Last edited by Blacken Seas at Aug 4, 2009,