Hi all,

Recently i've been wanting to buy an amp loud enough to hear myself over the drums,since my 15w sucks in regard to loudness.So......looking between alternatives,i think these 2 fit my needs well.....

What do you think of these two?

(if you know other good 30w amps,please suggest )
My Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Ibanez GRX40
Guitar Rig 3
Crappy Ibanez 15w amp

.......And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
if you gig go tube

what is your full budget?
what genres do you play?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Try not to name your titles with "VS." in it. Verses threads are against the rules. They cause arguments and piss me off. Of course, you're asking a valid question... which I'll help answer when you answer WTF's question.
Really depends on how heavy-handed your drummer is. I've played a VT30 and it doesn't cut through the mix with a heavy handed drummer.

And yeah and what WTF said...
I steer towards the VT series from Vox more than the Vypyr series. You'd best look up the VT50 if you want to really get over any drummer. If you like metal, then the Vyper might be a better option.
Thanks for the replies,and sorry for the "VS" in the title,i'm kind of new here........

So,i've been playing for about a year,and i like a lot of classic rock(Boston,Black Sabbath,Led Zep),some prog metal(Dream Theater,etc.)and some solo instrumental virtuoso\shred stuff(Steve Vai mostly,but also Malmsteen,Satriani.....)

My full budget is 300 euros,but i have to save for a better amp i will.

Regarding WTF's question,for now we're not doing gigs,(we formed the band a week ago),but we will surely have lots of jam sessions,and i will need to be heard over a drummer.
My Gear
Ibanez RG350EX
Ibanez GRX40
Guitar Rig 3
Crappy Ibanez 15w amp

.......And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun
Quote by ElitemasterXx
Thanks for the replies,and sorry for the "VS" in the title,i'm kind of new here........

So,i've been playing for about a year,and i like a lot of classic rock(Boston,Black Sabbath,Led Zep),some prog metal(Dream Theater,etc.)and some solo instrumental virtuoso\shred stuff(Steve Vai mostly,but also Malmsteen,Satriani.....)

My full budget is 300 euros,but i have to save for a better amp i will.

Regarding WTF's question,for now we're not doing gigs,(we formed the band a week ago),but we will surely have lots of jam sessions,and i will need to be heard over a drummer.

For your genres I think you'd enjoy the VT series a lot more. The Vypyr does high gain stuff well, but that's ALL I found it to do well. I love my VT100 and with the power attenuator I can still use it at home. If you can swing for the 50, I'd recommend it just to ensure you'll cut through the mix. You can always run it at lower wattage at home plus you'll get the benefit on an effects loop.

EDIT: Nevermind, no effects loop on the 50 watt.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Last edited by ianae86 at Aug 4, 2009,
I'd second the VT over the Vypyr for Boston-like tones. The UK80's setting is ideal for that sort of tone.

If you can't afford the VT50, simply opt for the older version, the AD50VT - which will give you, essentially, the same tones, but with a few less features. The tone is not quite as perfected, as well, but nothing to write home about. You can pick them up second-hand very easily. Even in Europe.
Where I live, there aren't many options for guitar amps. There is a Peavey distributor though and also a Fender, so I frequent their shops to look around the new stuff. Obviously I will not comment on Fender because it's Fender after all. Peavey, well, I haven't been able to make those amps sound good. They simply REFUSE to sound good, most probably because of solid state. Can't compare Peavey with Vox. My first amp was a Peavey Rage 108 I think and you should see the reviews that amp got. Also, there is a thread in another site where Peavey ranks in lots of post as "the worst amp ever". Finally, I personally hate those amps that have a bunch of stuff put in them... something is bound togo wrong with them in the mid term use. Go for the Vox, at least you have a tube that should give a better tone than that Peavey, which usually give a tone that's completely transistor/metallic/tweeter-like.