Hi. I know how much people hate to hear this opener but yes im a noob. However, i'm serious about playing as well. I have researched online but when you have no knowledge to base upon this can be confusing.

So, anyway, I have been playing guitar for about almost a year now and would like to be able to play through a small PA, or something. So, being a beginner (and broke) I was looking for something inexpensive. I would like to know if this system is decent enough, for the money.. bearing in mind, i am a beginner. Please take a look at this PA on MF for $179.
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Phonic-Powerpod-410-S710-PA-Package?sku=630485

WIll the mic sound horrible?

Can someone also explain in laymen terms phantom power and also a preamp and why I would need one? And would I be able to record to a computer through this PA?

Thank You so much for your time. Sorry for a million questions.

EDIT: Also, since I do not have an acoustic/electric I suppose I will have to get a soundhole pickup. Can someone suggest which kind or a specific one. I like to play rock covers and punk acoustic covers...
Last edited by RA82 at Aug 4, 2009,
phantom power is used on conderser microphones that need power to work, their used on bass drums and can be on bass amps but their usually run through a di box, hope thhis helps in some way, also why not just buy an amp, why do you want to run a guitar through a pa?
I was gonna say buy an amp you can still mic an amp and it will sound a lot better. Also the tone will be bad on a Pa and you wont get as nicer sound. There are pleanty of solid state amps out there which are good for starters and sound ok. i have the laney lx35 at the minuite and this is a fine solid state and sound good.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Last edited by lewisg1 at Aug 4, 2009,
thanks. So I assume this mic wouldnt need phantom power.

And want to go through PA so friends can get together and play maybe 2 guitars and have mics to sing through and piss off the neighbors.
Guitar1+ guitar2+mic> small sound desk>guitar amp

And still annoys neighbours as well as you getting a better amp.

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
Last edited by lewisg1 at Aug 4, 2009,
damn you guys are quick. I didnt realize it would have a much better sound through a combo amp..

I dont have a mic and if i were to get a decent one woudnt it be like twice as much than the PA itself. Okay, I know that should answer my own question but I was just wondering if the system was halfway decent.
i cant type fast enough to keep up with you lewis, but thanks.

Can you suggest a good small sound desk? And relatively cheap mic??