If a black box in a plane is indestructible, why can't they make the whole plane out

Hey

If a black box in a plane is indestructible, why can't they make the whole plane out of it?

What is the black box made of?

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by phlip999
Because the plane would be too heavy.

EDIT: Forgot what it was made out of.

this

Quote by icesk8erqueen8
.....09'ers

=[

truth

My answer: Because, I remember times that the blackbox was not destroyed but the tape inside was.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
The plane wouldn't be heavy enough?

Proud member of the LGBTQQ group.
Quote by ChiliFan01
Hey

If a black box in a plane is indestructible, why can't they make the whole plane out of it?

What is the black box made of?

Thanks UG

god sake stop with the plane questions, jesus.
if it were a good idea they would have done it.
Sorry, you got my first thread report.

Use a bit of damn logic.

*reported*
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I'm guessing it had less to do with the material that it is made out of, and more about the construction. Small, hard boxes are more durable than a giant hollow tube that people sit in.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
People, it's not the weight. It's the price. A plane also needs to be flexible. For example, in a 747 the wings continuously move up and down for up to 2 meters.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Aug 4, 2009,
Quote by DieGarbageMan
because pilots can't see out of black windows

This
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
Quote by MopMaster
I'm guessing it might be weight. If you want something to fly, it needs to be light or have a lot of propulsion.

This, and plus. When you're in a plane crash, if the aeroplane get's smashed, that's safer than having an indestructible plane.

If the plane gets smashed up, that's energy that isn't being disopated to the passengers. Like the crumplezone on a car, almost. If the plane was indestructible, that energy would more than likely be released on the passengers, which would make everything a lot more dangerous.

EDIT - And like the others said, the cost is a big factor and the fact a small box is alot more durable than a large hollow tube.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Aug 4, 2009,
because planes would become indestructible!
And we can't take the risk of terrorist hijacking an indestructible plane now can we?
Quote by ComradSputnik
because planes would become indestructible!
And we can't take the risk of terrorist hijacking an indestructible plane now can we?

I think that it's more about planes taking over the world than terrorists.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I remember this being on a comedy show once...

Like if someone burns in a car and the dental records survive, why can't they make the whole car out of dental records?

Answer: FUCK YOU THAT'S WHY!
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.