The title is a bit too much, but what i mean is i want to open my guitar.
first of al i just want to look whats inside my guitar.
and second when i put overdrive on there a terrible noice.

( i know thats useual but it is a bit extreme, and a friend of mine says there is perhaps a loose wire. so i want to check it out )

And my Question is: if someone has a website or a pic ( or knows the mystery of the loose wire ) of how a guitar looks from the inside.

I know you folks know a LOT so maybe someone can help me

ps: its a Electric Guitar
wut kind of guitar?
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Quote by dragonaged

( i know thats useual but it is a bit extreme, and a friend of mine says there is perhaps a loose wire. so i want to check it out )

And my Question is: if someone has a website or a pic ( or knows the mystery of the loose wire ) of how a guitar looks from the inside.

Pointless text is pointless

Anyway,search around the web and I'm sure you'll find diagrams and pictures of a properly wired guitar. Look for odd wiring hanging off the pots and jack and generally poor connections and damaged portions of wire.It may also be an amp/grounding/pedal issue,so keep that in mind as well.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I would google that, or get some cash and take it to a professional, I wouldn't take the chance on your only guitar.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
Its An Electric Guitar?!?!?!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by dragonaged

OHHHHHH. I thought you meant it worked on hopes and dreams, with the wires just holding it all together.

Glad we got this cleared up
Quote by Ekofu
OHHHHHH. I thought you meant it worked on hopes and dreams, with the wires just holding it all together.

Glad we got this cleared up

owned xD
Quote by dragonaged

yeah...cos i hear those pure acoustic guitars have loose wires that cause problems with overdrive too
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
With a philips screwdriver, you unscrew the screw holding the cover over the control compartment. Now look and see if anything looks out of place.

Does the noise go away if you touch a metal part of the guitar (input jack or metal knobs)? If so you have a grounding issue, might want to insulate your control cavity with copper foil, a pretty easy procedure.

crappy single coils? too close to the amp?

have you ever held a screwdriver in your hand? yes? so why "destroy"?
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Quote by ninjab
With a philips screwdriver, you unscrew the screw holding the cover over the control compartment. Now look and see if anything looks out of place.

Does the noise go away if you touch a metal part of the guitar (input jack or metal knobs)? If so you have a grounding issue, might want to insulate your control cavity with copper foil, a pretty easy procedure.

It is indeed, when i touch some metal the noice goes away. and thanks for the serious answer.

Are you maybe dutch? (because of the philips) If so maybe you can explain it to me in dutch. if you want.
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
yea, sorry, not dutch. But you have a grounding problem so it will take a bit of work to fix. Take it to a shop if you aren't handy with a soldering iron.

If you can solder just do a search for a guide to properly ground your guitar, plenty of info on the web.