okkkkkkk so i got my mim hss strat a year ago and have loved it... but i just have a couple of questions.

Did i just dream this up, or did someone say that after a certain year they made it so if you put it on the position of the bridge and middle pickups, it coil splits the humbucker?

Which year did they start doing that?

Is there any way to find out what year mine was made? I got in on craigslist

Im wondering because i put the pickup selecter in that position and it reaaaaly sounded like two single coils, no humbuckers
Just tap the pickups with a screwdriver or something metal, if it makes a noise then it's activated. Tap every coil on the guitar and figure out which ones are on in each position.
www.myspace.com/diectomy
uhm, no
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
i'm sure it doesnt split coils

Is there any way to find out what year mine was made? I got in on craigslist

fender.com -> support -> serial numbers
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

pedals are stupid
btw if they dont split coils, you have 60 cycle hum
turn your amp louder and hear if it hums (it shouldnt hum with humbucker by itself)

pedals are stupid
turn your amp loud, apply some gain. touch the strings for grounding
1st position (neck pickup)
3rd position (middle pickup)
you have to hear the hum

2nd position (stacked neck and middle, middle is usually reverse polarity so it works like a humbucker)
5th position (humbucker)
you shoul have significantly less hum or no hum at all (depends on amp and how well your guitar is grounded)

4th position - you should have less hum than in 1st and 3rd p. but more than in 2nd and 5th if HB coils aren't split

pedals are stupid