A suspended 4th is enharmonic to a sharp 3rd - but is technically different, i'd imagine that's what you are looking at if you have a specific chord in mind (E.g. Asus4 = x02230)

a chord with a sharp 3rd is technically called a XAug3 but i'm not sure i've ever seen one written - it would be far more common to use a sus4 unless there was a good contextual reason not to
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Oh hang on it's not even a raised 3rd the chord is (x0220x) which to save you time is the notes A E A B

Now i've well and truly confuzzled myself!
That's an Asus2. A suspension is when you take the 3rd of the chord and replace it with something else. The most common things to replace it with are Major 2nds and Perfects 4ths. If it's a Major 2nd it's written "Asus2" and if it's a 4th then it's written "Asus4" or sometimes just "Asus".
Quote by sleazydan
Hey,

What type of triad has a sharped 3rd?

Thanks
Dan

This type.......

EDIT.... it's an Asus2 as Eastwinn pointed out.

Ok then so to clarify, it is sus2 because the third is replaced by a 2nd, and if the third was replaced by the fourth it is sus4?

Thanks
Dan
Quote by sleazydan
Ok then so to clarify, it is sus2 because the third is replaced by a 2nd, and if the third was replaced by the fourth it is sus4?

Thanks
Dan

Yup, that's exactly right.
Quote by Eastwinn
Yup, that's exactly right.

Thank you very much for your help!