so i have a raven rg200 amp and for hooking up effects pedals your supposed to go through the return/send in in the back. so how does it set up? like what connects to what? and what channel should i be using? (clean/lead) somebody? thanks ive messed around wih it and it hasnt worked very well so i dont know what im doing wrong
effects send -> pedals -> effects return
works with all channels
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
dont have to do that
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by reedplaysgeetar
dont have to do that

you don't have to but in some cases its better to.
an effects loop puts your effects after the amp's gain circut while putting them thru the front input jack puts them before the amps gain circut
tukk is right

what pedals do you want to use?
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
I run my modulation through the EL. Flanger, Delay, Reverb, and a place my Noise Supp. there as well. My gain based effects run through the main guitar signal chain, and the clarity seems to improve, to my ears. The effects have more clarity, and the gain has more punch.

Less pedals in the man signal chain = stronger signal on the way to the amp.

Effect send into the input of pedal 1 > chain through > output of Pedal ? >Effect Return
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204