I was curious if anyone has tried out this pedal and can tell me anything good or bad about it. Thank you.
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrBLnB3ze5Y

That is REALLY helpful. I tried the pedal at a local guitar shop. I really liked it, the 2 distortions really each have their own 'sound/role' which allows you to create a lot of more sounds with your guitar. I play blues, so i didn't buy it(I just try all the new stuff) but if you're into vai/satriani then this pedal is awesome, believe me. Great tone, feeling.
Quote by Buske6000
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrBLnB3ze5Y

That is REALLY helpful. I tried the pedal at a local guitar shop. I really liked it, the 2 distortions really each have their own 'sound/role' which allows you to create a lot of more sounds with your guitar. I play blues, so i didn't buy it(I just try all the new stuff) but if you're into vai/satriani then this pedal is awesome, believe me. Great tone, feeling.

I've already seen that video, I'm going to go try one out soon with hopes of purchasing it if it really gets me. The only way to describe me would be shredder. I'm about to go try one out and see for myself!
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Quote by Junnage
I've already seen that video, I'm going to go try one out soon with hopes of purchasing it if it really gets me. The only way to describe me would be shredder. I'm about to go try one out and see for myself!

The rest of your gear doesn't really match your "shredder" title (along with your influences). BUT DAMN DO YOU HAVE SOME NICE GEAR
Quote by Mutmoo
The rest of your gear doesn't really match your "shredder" title (along with your influences). BUT DAMN DO YOU HAVE SOME NICE GEAR

I believe GG&A convinced him in a previous thread to keep his amp and buy a pedal for his Bluesbreaker instead of trading it.

To TS, if you end up liking it I'd get it, it's an awesome pedal and if I had the money I'd probably have one right now. Vai probably has my favorite shred tone.
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by Mutmoo

Actually the Les Paul works great for a shred guitar, despite what it may seem. And the person below you is correct. And I have to update my influences.

Quote by edbert
I believe GG&A convinced him in a previous thread to keep his amp and buy a pedal for his Bluesbreaker instead of trading it.

To TS, if you end up liking it I'd get it, it's an awesome pedal and if I had the money I'd probably have one right now. Vai probably has my favorite shred tone.

Correct, although I have not already given up the amp debate.

Anyway, I was not able to try out the pedal. It was in a case which was locked and the employees could not find the keys. Oh well, I'll go back tomorrow.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
ive owned this pedal about 5 months now,

first of all, it will NOT, i repeat, WILL NOT give you vai's tone. (edit)- it may give you somewhat of a modern vai tone, but wont even touch his tone older than the last album.

it will give you a very articulate tubescreamer-like overdrive, and a nice crunch. also, i've set both sides to the exact same settings (dead center) and they really did not sound that much different. the left was a little lighter, but honestly you could have got that tone from a little EQing the other side. same thing for the right side, except it was a little darker.

if you've played it and like the tone, and have the cash to spend on hype, go right ahead. if you're strapped the cash and take the whole "2 totally different distortions in one" as "two totally different sounds in one" then go look elsewhere.

oh yeah, the "paintjob" isnt even a paintjob, its a big clearcoated sticker thing overtop the whole thing.

if you have ANY questions regarding this pedal, dont hesitate to ask me here, and if i dont reply, PM me.

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Last edited by conor1148 at Aug 4, 2009,
bump
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
i'd reccomend a (keeley?) ds-1 + an eq pedal, or maybe a mxr doubleshot distortion over it any day. you really need a lot of eq specialization to create a good shred tone so it's articulate but not sharp.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
TS have you ever tried a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde the left side is tubescreamer clone while the right is a proco rat. Its $50 cheaper and it sounds better imo but im just thowing this out here for an alternative
I thought it was "Gemini"? Whatever, he has a hilarious video advertising it. Really cool, gives you a feel of what it's capable of. Provided you buy his $1000000 signature and amps.

Go for it if you don't have a head, but you can just get effects pedals that do virtually the same things that they will do.
Quote by Supersonic64
TS have you ever tried a Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde the left side is tubescreamer clone while the right is a proco rat. Its $50 cheaper and it sounds better imo but im just thowing this out here for an alternative

+1. its a great pedal
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
So I want a Tubescreamer sound and a Keeley Modded DS-1 sound, and you guys are offering me two pedals that separately will give me the tone I want, a little extra and cause my wallet to unzip itself and punch me in the face?

Frankly, I don't necessarily want Vai's tone, so that's good that it doesn't give you Vai's tone right out of the box. And I'm sure I could easily EQ it to get Vai's tone from it.

Also, if you get Vai's rig,
$2600 x 2 = EVO and FLO
$250 Fernandes FDK401 Sustainer Pickup Kit (Neck Pickup of FLO)
$204 Morley Bad Horsie Wah
$95 Morley ABY Selector
$130 MXR EVH Phase 90
$200 Ibanez Jemini
$160 Morley Little Alligator Volume
$200 Digitech Whammy
$5000 2 Carvin Legacy II Full Stacks
$1500 Fender Amp
$1500 TC Electronic G System

So you've got about $20000 or so on a rig, which is pretty ****ing expensive...and it's missing a bunch of stuff as well.

Sorry if I sounded pretty sarcastic and like an ass there. Anyway, I tried a Jekyll and Hyde and the overdrive side was pretty awesome, but I didn't really like the right side of the right side, to be honest, and I don't want to feel limited to just the left side.

I've wanted a Keeley Modded DS-1 and a Tubescreamer for awhile, so putting them together and looking cool is pretty awesome in my opinion. I'm going to try one today after work, and I'll find out if it's the one for me. But if that store has sold it...
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6
Last edited by Junnage at Aug 5, 2009,
^since when is the morley bad horsie $204
and since when did vai use it? he uses the dunlop 95Q
and you forgot his whole rack.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
^ ffs, it's his signature wah pedal.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Quote by Junnage

Sorry if I sounded pretty sarcastic and like an ass there. Anyway, I tried a Jekyll and Hyde and the overdrive side was pretty awesome, but I didn't really like the right side of the right side, to be honest, and I don't want to feel limited to just the left side.

I've wanted a Keeley Modded DS-1 and a Tubescreamer for awhile, so putting them together and looking cool is pretty awesome in my opinion. I'm going to try one today after work, and I'll find out if it's the one for me. But if that store has sold it...

Sounds like you didn like the rat clone part. Try a blackstar pedal if you get a chance
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
He uses the jemini for boosting his legacy for some of his lead playing but the red side has plenty of gain on its own
"Guitars are toys for me, too much fun all the time."-Paul Gilbert

Gear:
Homemade Mahogany Guitar with SD humbuckers
Carvin Legacy VL100 Head
Carvin Legacy 2x12 Cab with V30s
Line 6 Pod X3
Quote by Robino_Ibanez
^ ffs, it's his signature wah pedal.

he uses the 95q mostly.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
I already bought this pedal. It is amazing. I love it.
My Gear:
Guitars:

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Boss DD-6