I recently bought a ESP LTD EC1000 which has a tune-o-matic tonepros bridge. I've played Floyd rose guitars only before this guitar and i know how much of a pain it is to change tunings on a Floyd. I keep the new guitar on standard and drop D and was wondering...do I have to make any adjustments to the bridge or truss rod if I wanna tune town a step? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
i need a bishop preaching fire to get away with my sins...i despise everything i see so i dont give a fuck if ya HATE ME!
no, you can do 1 step both up and down (or 2 steps up/down) with fine tuners easily. drop D for sure
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Quote by Regensgeliebte
no, you can do 1 step both up and down (or 2 steps up/down) with fine tuners easily. drop D for sure

No. Not with fine tuners, however with a TOM this should be possible, If you notice the neck is bowed back a little, just loosen the truss rod a bit.
My guitar has a TOM bridge and down tuning is as easy as 1, 2, 3. Just tune and play. Seriously.

So easy a caveman could do it.
No gods or kings. There is only zuul.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now police, fire, and EMS vehicle's sirens sound in tritones. Suck it Christians, your protectors are satans minions.

I have been sigged by UG's Greek, what have YOU done today?
^ no fine tuners on a tom

what does TOM mean? what the hell is it?
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

pedals are stupid
Quote by Regensgeliebte
what does TOM mean? what the hell is it?

Troll?

If you're serious, It means Tune-O-Matic Bridge.
gods, i feel stupido
i know what tune-o-matic bridge is... for a weird reason i thought TOM is a weird FR-style bridge

pedals are stupid
If you tune down more than one whole step then the truss rod might need to be loosened due to the much less string tension. Other than that there's nothing else you should worry about with a TOM.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by stephen_rettie
tune-o-matic bridge

les paul bridge

tob ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by mikeyElite
tob ?

yep, the lesser known t.o.b. not many people use the ol' tune-o-bridge, mainly due to the lack of matics.

i asked this question on a few threads already.
Is this against the rules =O?
I just have to put it here. i didn't see this thread before =/ Sorry.
What if you want to tune like to drop B or something?
Would the tailpiece and the bridge be loose even to wiggly around?
Im currently getting new parts for a old guitar i was given.
Is this were the "locking" feature that Tonepros offer is useful?
Quote by mikeyElite
tob ?

zing!
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
If your tuning down a lot, eg standard D or C, just go up one or two string gauges, should reduce the need to adjust the truss rod & stop your strings flopping & feeling like spaghetti strands!!
Quote by Flying Couch
Really, man, I can tune from E Standard to C standard with no problems on my bro's LP.

Is that the reason
Quote by xAvengerX
i asked this question on a few threads already.
Is this against the rules =O?
I just have to put it here. i didn't see this thread before =/ Sorry.
What if you want to tune like to drop B or something?
Would the tailpiece and the bridge be loose even to wiggly around?
Im currently getting new parts for a old guitar i was given.
Is this were the "locking" feature that Tonepros offer is useful?

Pending on your string gauge you won't have a loose t.o.m and tailpiece as long as their is still some sort of tension applied between the tailpiece and the tuning machine.