Me and my friend are hoping to get a band the gether and need songs to cover,

we mainly play classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Guns n Roses) and rock (RHCP, The Who) in general but will play some older metal e.g Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Ozzy...

we've already pretty much decided we're going to cover GnR - Paradise City but would like afew more to practise

thanks for any help given
When you are past the stage of noob, you then become a geek.....

Epiphones are the way forward! <3
nirvana - smells like teen spirit

joke
whats the deal, cover songs you like, but dont start with long and hard ones
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Practice writing some songs ;]

Original material is far better, usually.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
Original material is far better, usually.

i think you should know first a couple of songs to have subconsious idea of how songs are written
so do both
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
the gether?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I think it depends on your skill level. However, avoid cliche covers like stairway to heaven, smells like teens spirit. Attempt something much less expected, that people will still recognize.
Quote by Tyler Durden
the gether?

Ive never heard of that song if im honest, whos it by?

if you're a beginner guitarist, you can always go with Smoke on the Water. It's all power chords and if you tune your guitar to drop d, all you have to do is slide your index finger up and down the neck while strumming.
im a bit past the stage of beginner and am pretty average, i play mainly rythm anyway and my friends pretty damn good. Smoke on the waters a tad to cliched and simple, but thanks anyways

My list:

-Basket Case
-Fat Lip
-Misery Business
-Gunshot to the head of Trepdiadtion

Also, try some rock covers of pop songs. Umbrella and Since You been Gone have already been proven to work well.
For Maiden try out Aces High, or if you want to be more unique in your selection give songs like The Prisoner or Still Life a shot.
how 'bout some AC/DC, any song by them is just three chords and a pentatonic solo, pretty simple, but great songs, especially with covers as nearly everyone knows them
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Thanks for the suggestions folks

happy to help dude, also if you're into them, then KISS have some pretty simple stuff out there, and if you do some old metal covers then how about some judas priest
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Last edited by blankoff at Aug 5, 2009,