Right okay ive been playing 9-10 months kind of, and i just felt maybe some of you guys would able to give me a helping hand since i get no other "proffesional" help haha.
right im in to classic rock/instrumental/rock whatever.
i can play a few satch songs, awmawy, starry night, and a few more, im doing petrucci's wishful thinking. and i keep thinking that im not getting anywhere fast? so i need to know where to go next.
so what im asking is, what songs for my level? and what technique's to practice to start improve my skill/speed whatever. if any of this made sense, then i hope you guys can help me out! thanks guys.

-Glen
Try learning songs you like that a few months ago you thought would be to hard. And it might be good for u to find some easy licks from online, learn it, and them apply other Techniques to it. Like hammer-ons/pull-offs, and different picking styles
thanks for the replies. so with the metronome, what bpm should i e heading for?
and should i practice the minor and major scales with the metronome building up like that?

and for how long ive been playing am i doing well?
Impossible to tell without a video clip.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

You've been playing not even a year, you don't wan't to be "improving your speed and skills". You want to be getting a good grasp your feel, phrasing and vibrato.

Learn to play really well slow before you try to get fast, otherwise your just going to suck faster.
i know i might be rushing it, but i feel like im getting a good grip of most of the slower songs, like wishful thinking i need a way to improve abit, cause for the last however so seconds the speed increases quite abit, and i would love to finish the song but it might be to hard.
Quote by GlenGuitar16
i know i might be rushing it, but i feel like im getting a good grip of most of the slower songs, like wishful thinking i need a way to improve abit, cause for the last however so seconds the speed increases quite abit, and i would love to finish the song but it might be to hard.

I watched your videos and your timing is all over the place, you need to go back and work on the basics until you have them down perfectly, then when you have a good feel and vibrato you can start learning some harder songs, like satriani or whatever.
like i said i need to redo them
ive obviously improved in the last 2 months since they were posted.