So, I was changing out the strings on my guitar. I was gonna put on all new strings, except the high E (I had lost it) so I meant to keep it on the guitar. However, I forgot, and broke it. So, I took the old B string that I had just taken off, and put it on as the E. I tuned it all the way up to E like it's supposed to be.

Is this gonna work? How much different are the B and high E strings? Is there maybe too much tension on it, or is it fine? So far it's worked ok. It hasn't snapped, and it's kept in tune rather well. But how long will it stay like that?
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
I wouldn't use that as a permanent solution since the string will be of a greater thickness that a high E is supposed to be, but for now no biggie. You can go buy single strings at guitar shops for....well probably 50 cents
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
I wouldn't use that as a permanent solution since the string will be of a greater thickness that a high E is supposed to be, but for now no biggie. You can go buy single strings at guitar shops for....well probably 50 cents

ya, ima get an E and change it out when i get the time, i just meant for the time being
METALLICA!!!
___________ ____________

Epiphone Les Paul
Epiphone Sunburst
Ibanez V70CENT
LINE 6 Spider III 15
Peavey Bandit 112
Jim Dunlop, Dava, First Act Picks
Definitely get a high E as soon as you can, but the B will work for now...
The B is thicker, so the notes won't be as trebly.
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.