I looked around for something similar to this but nothing came up. If there is something I apologize.

So I want to get an electric guitar (for funsies) and I was thinking could I use my Bass POD XT Live with that guitar effectively or would it sound like crap?

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
It wont work sadly.

But, guitar pedals can be used for bass :P Some atleast.

Most bass pedals **** up hugely with guitar, although some may work, i havent tried them all
Quote by Bassist Rising
I looked around for something similar to this but nothing came up. If there is something I apologize.

So I want to get an electric guitar (for funsies) and I was thinking could I use my Bass POD XT Live with that guitar effectively or would it sound like crap?

It's a really weird version of the effects in anesthesia
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
It might be a slight problem getting a authentic guitar tone, but when i play my guitar through my fathers Bass V-amp, i can make a nice tone
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
for "funsies"

why dont you go play the flute

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Nah man. A friend of mine has used a bass pedal from the early 90ies or so on his guitar like.. always. With good results.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Quote by Tyler Durden
for "funsies"

why dont you go play the flute

Because I don't want to.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
I've used a bass wah for guitar it's not that great and doesn't sound good at all it's just not voiced for the guitar. Not too sure about the pod but you could probably pick a small amp that has built in effects for ****s and giggles.