Okay it really isn't but I've got a good bit of money to spend on my gear. I have a Vintage V100 Les Paul, I'm kind of happy with it. few flaws to it but relatively happy.with it. My amp is meh though, Roland Microcube, lacks any form of EQ, the settings are bland, anything other than the metal or the clean settings is just muddy as hell. I want a bit of diversity in my tone tbh. So I should look to get a new amp right? What should I look at? Budget I'm at about £150 - £200 tops. Metal tones are the most important, especially that thrashy scooped mids kind of sound common in bands like Metallica, but to reach the heavier ones like Death etc . Next in line it should reach is Classick rock, Led Zeppelin style, like Black dog, and the final one I'd like it to reach is stunning cleans like Stairway to Heaven, or like the "breakdown" parts in metal songs, like Master of Puppets etc. etc.

I realise I've literally just mentioned Metallica and LedZeppelin but my music tastaes are a lot more diverse, and would like it to have a neat blues tone SRV etc.

Is there such an amp existing?

EDIT: I live in a flat so anything with teh 3PICZ LOUDN3SS or will only be worth buying if your playing at least high ish is out of the question.
Last edited by Lollage123 at Aug 4, 2009,
Im not sure what your money translates to in dollars. But i would look into a peavey vypyr of at least 30 watts so you can hook up a foot switch.
Going for a small wattage tube amp would be the best bet IMO.Fender supder champ XD,blackstar HT combo/stack,blackheart models,maybe even a used B-52 AT series.Used would actually be your best bet,since you have a low budget and the used market often gets you the most for your money.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Going for a small wattage tube amp would be the best bet IMO.Fender supder champ XD,blackstar HT combo/stack,blackheart models,maybe even a used B-52 AT series.Used would actually be your best bet,since you have a low budget and the used market often gets you the most for your money.

I'll take a look. I don't think I can get B52's in England though..
Fender superchamp XD, isn't that good for blues, but like not great for metal?
Quote by Lollage123
I'll take a look. I don't think I can get B52's in England though..
Fender superchamp XD, isn't that good for blues, but like not great for metal?

It has higher gain settings on it.It can handle early metal just fine,or at least mine can.It may not be able to do brutal modern death,but it should be able to handle metallica.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Laney LV series? Ive heard good things about those, and I think they can cover the tones you need.