So I dug out a old amp (Like 60's old) out of my grandma's shed. It doesnt say anything about how many watts it is anywhere (even took it apart to clean it). The size of the actual speaker is about 2 times my 15 watt amp, but I dont know if that means that its 30 watts or what. So is there any way to find out how many watts it is?
what brand and model is it?
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
google it first:P
there probably is someway of checking using some fancy electrical gear
umm the siz of the speaker probably isnt an accurate way to check
maybe search the model of the amp on google and it may give you options and choose the most fitting
what tubes does it have in the back? You can sometimes tell that way, but otherwise, unless it's written on there there is no way to really tell without looking at the voltage trace on an oscilloscope.
What kinda amp is it?
Quote by dm1925
texas ftw!
we're saving the world, one zombie at a time

Quote by ThePastRecedes
Yo Bob Dylan, I'm really happy for you an I'm gonna let you finish, but Jimi Hendrix had one of the best versions of All Along the Watchtower of all time!
to get a rough estimation:
if it has two power tubes it's probably 50 or 60 watts
if it has four tubes then it's probably 100 to 120 watts
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
to get a rough estimation:
if it has two power tubes it's probably 50 or 60 watts
if it has four tubes then it's probably 100 to 120 watts

this heavliy depends on tube type..
my amps has two tubes...but it's 20W. because they're EL84(in push pull)

in theory... you could have anwhere from 5W(2xEL84 in class A operation in tiode mode) to 100W (2x KT88 in AB push pull) from a pair of tubes.

so... you're best of googling amp's model.....