For a while I was set on the Fender Blues Deluxe, but lately I've been more in to metal, so I was thinking that might not be the best idea.

So really what I want to know is, what equipment should I get that can do blues, classic rock, and metal?

I was thinking that the Blues Deluxe could cover me for blues and classic rock, and getting a pedal for metal. What do you guys think I should do?
OH LAAWDDYY!!!!
I would say a Peavey Classic but then Metal is out the window. Maybe a Peavey ValveKing. I used an Ibanez ToneBlaster but it isn't a tube. It does sound pretty good though.
Oh Hey look at my signature
Quote by BlackDog55
I would say a Peavey Classic but then Metal is out the window.

Just because it says Classic in the name doesn't mean it can't do metal. The Classic series has enough gain on tap to do metal by itself, the only difference between it and something considered a "metal amp" is that it doesn't have as much saturation and lowend, which can be fixed with an overdrive pedal.

Get a Line 6 Vetta II
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
You might be able to thow a pedal in front of a Bugera V55 it has a really nice low end and warm sound for your blues and classic rock but enough of a low end and distortion to make teh metals
~Defiant~
peavey jsx...I kid I kid. I like the Vettas, Bugera is coming out with some low end tube amps you may want to hold out to look at. I dont think youd be happy with a blues deluxe

EDIT:^ DAMN dude above me just beat me to the bugera suggestion

PRS SE Custom w/ Duncans
Classic Vibe 50's Strat
Egnater Rebel 20
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Crate v18-112 w/ Eminence Private Jack

USSR Big Muff Pi
Line 6 Echo Park
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah
Guitar Rig 3

DO NØT CLICK THÏS LINK

Hook 'em
Maybe a JCM 2000? It can do classic metal sounds, but is diverse enough for some bluesy stuff as well.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by MatrixClaw
The Classic series has enough gain on tap to do metal by itself...
That doesn't sound like the C30 I recently sold. It didn't have nearly that much gain on tap. I just used the clean channel and pedals.
Quote by fly135
That doesn't sound like the C30 I recently sold. It didn't have nearly that much gain on tap. I just used the clean channel and pedals.

Mine was completely stock... stock tubes as well. That amp had plenty of gain on tap, maybe it was your pickups.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by fly135

This is probably why. Put an overdrive in front of the dirty channel, and you should definitely have enough gain for most types of metal.
Quote by TheLetheProject
This is probably why. Put an overdrive in front of the dirty channel, and you should definitely have enough gain for most types of metal.
No, that's not why. I know the difference between the gain channel and the clean channel. And yes if you put pedals in front of it you can do metal. I was referring to the gain on tap without pedals.